1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

*Rally* Please Lower The Collection's Amounts to Reach a Tier..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Sir Scott, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Please Lower These Numbers they are Un Atainable and un realistic on some shards,if not most... Please allow us a chance to reach a few tiers and see what this has to offer in regards to completion...
    This is in regards to All Collections...
    Thank You From all who might Still enjoy such Things...
    To you the reader Please help this post influence a change...Post a positive response here. Thanks for your Support.
    [​IMG]

2. Yes... the effort to reward ratio is horribly skewed on collections. Why would I invest hours of my time if I can just drop a couple mil for the item?

These badly skewed systems encourage people to script, because scripting is the only way it can be profitable to do the content.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Here's another Amen....

Make big fish and the small groups of fish donatable for significant points to the fisher (and make it 1 point per fish steak, 4 points for a normal fish).

Add empty paragon chests to the T-hunter donation list - perhaps minor arties too.

For the Paladin, have the library donation person act as an Ankh, with tithing giving 1 point to the collection for every 15 gold tithed (plus, it would give Britain a place to tithe at).

Have both facets' libraries total donations together.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

There are not unattainable, they are just much more easily attained via scripting. [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Would also like to see the point decay lowered (especially at the Zoo) even on populated shards the decay rate seems to excessive for the few that contribute. Considering all that happens is some more display pixel crack and not something thats effects the game why set the decay rate at a point most shards never seem to get out of tier 1??

6. I just completed the turn in for the Mariners glasses. 3.2 million fish. It took me just over a year and a half to do it. I fished for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening, just about every day.

Forget about getting the turn in for the Tmaps. You could turn in EVERY map in Sosaria, and still not have enough points to get the glasses.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

And while you're at it, please make it "per account" not "per character" Would make life SO much easier! =D

8. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

/Signed!!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Quotting UO Relic since he said it so well...
    "Would also like to see the point decay lowered (especially at the Zoo) even on populated shards the decay rate seems to excessive for the few that contribute. Considering all that happens is some more display pixel crack and not something thats effects the game why set the decay rate at a point most shards never seem to get out of tier 1?? "

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I would love to see the Zoo decay rate adjusted. *nods*

11. Stigmatas

Stigmatas Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Yes... the effort to reward ratio is horribly skewed on collections. Why would I invest hours of my time if I can just drop a couple mil for the item?

These badly skewed systems encourage people to script, because scripting is the only way it can be profitable to do the content.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

/signed

Same with skillgain, mining (I curse random resources), and anything else that is just a clickfest grind in UO. They could have put in quests for skillgain, with a cap on how many you can do in a given time. They could even incorporate collections with monster bashing, anything to make it more interactive instead of click ...drag....click....drag.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Aye, I've never really given any of the collections a go because it's so clear from the outset that you have a stupid amount of gathering to do, just for the item turnins. The zoo one is horrible. I'd have preferred if it wasn't all down to turning in items, but running errands through quests could count towards your points too. Little quests that us RPers could engage with instead of hauling tonnes of lumber to a box.

Wenchy

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ahh another I want this Easy post. Things are fine the way it is.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm in two minds on this.

I'm part way through collecting dragon scales to get a talisman I want from the library. I'm not finding it particularly onerous and am willing to wait the month to 6 weeks it's taking me.

Hunting dragon scales also gets me gold and barbed leather.

On the other hand Europa shard recently went all out to try to fill the zoo. I didn't particularly want any of the rewards, but I did my 'bit' towards the project. However to keep it filled needs a donation of something like 850 drakes or 5 million gp every day. Sorry, but that's not doable for me.

I'm willing to work for what I want, but I'm not willing to spend hours doing something that the next server maintenance will totally negate.

15. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The decay rate needs to be tweaked as well.

16. <blockquote><hr>

It gets even more insane when you consider that your reward points will decay if you don't constantly donate. I'm not quite sure what the decay rate is but I use to turn in maps with my thunter every time i played him which would be a few times a month. I started noticing that my points were getting lower not higher every time i returned. I quickly gave up on this endeavor those glasses weren't that great anyhow....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your character's total points shouldn't decay. Have you been back to check lately to see if you still have any points left at the treasure hunter exhibit? Did you donate to any of the other library exhibits with that character and did those points decay as well? I have been keeping track of my zoo points for a number of my tamers over the last four months and they have not decayed. Perhaps you should submit a bug report if the problem seems to be tied to that one exhibit.

17. Scott, I'm pretty sure that the separate library exhibits only have one tier each and it is only the zoo and museum that have multiple tiers.