1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

randomize the timers on stealables, especially the big ones

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Demonous, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i feel the timers should be randomized not a set thing for stealables, for example, on my shard chesapeake, a guild called FWD steals the inquisitors resolution every month since doom was created, im sure they have gotten the ruined paintings and blade of the reighteouses as well, i feel these timers should be random rather than exactly a month because whoever steals it the first time has a HUGE advantage over any of the competition and there is no end to their streak, i really feel that this will balance things out, dont always make inquis 30 days, sometimes 25, sometimes 40, sometimes 20, something of the sort would be cool, change the hour as well

2. Tiamat

Tiamat Guest

I was amazed when I first found out it was a static timer long long ago, myself. I didn't think anyone could be foolish enough to program them that way. Yet to this day it hasn't changed. :wall:

3. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Even more important would be to randomize the locations, where the artifacts spawn. And why not have some stealable items in town or in a dungeon, which has no artifact tag, but can be stolen one time. (Maybe one item per town, one per dungeon and and some somewhere in the wilderness.)
    If that item is reloaded, usually maybe after server up, it is no longer stealable and another item in another location is available to be stolen.
    And these items should be different on each shard and facet.

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I'd prefer they make the artifacts able to be picked up by anyone. Then people who hunt artifacts would quit calling themselves thieves...la

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Are they stealing your thunder? ;)

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

They use the steal skill. They aren't stealing anything. They are picking it up. Doom was explained as a "bone" to thieves. ROFL. We sure did get boned...la

7. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure where you got your information but the stealables have a shall we call it 'sway time' from when they last spawned to when they will spawn again, it isnt noticeable as much on the lower end artis as the sway time doesnt always kick in and at most will change it from 15mins to 1hr on the lower end artis but for the higher end arti's ie lvl10's your sway time is a week either way from when it last spawned (so thats a 2 week window) and yes i have confirmed this as I once managed to get the Zyronic Claw 3 months in a row: the second claw spawned 5 weeks after my first and the third claw i grabbed 22 days later.

The problem more crops up that some of the arti's dont move from the spot there in (supposedly a fix went in for this and while i have seen most of the lower artis move abit the zyronic and titans have always spawned in same spot (well atleast since their last big move)) so you can get people running bots to grab them

8. Demonous

i agree, to me you have to join the THIEF GUILD to be a "thief", my thief is legendary and notorious on my shard :/

9. Demonous

only recently did i discover that the titans hammer was moved from that stone table to a big pile of hay

10. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed

I agree.... make it so.