1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranged Combat?

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Bo Riddler, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

After reaching 58th Season on my way to Knighthood in the ranks of my fellow Paladins, I have a question.

And please, crank up the opinions. I love a good debate!
  2. Joshmaul

Joshmaul Guest

I think paladins should get guns - but a special kind of gun, like a "holy light launcher" or something.

*thinks on it* Isn't that the stupidest thing you've ever heard? *laughs*
  3. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

Finally, at 44th level, the Paladin receives The Hammer of Wrath which has a range of thirty yards but it too though has its limitations

Only usable on enemies that have 20% or less health.

And with such a slow casting time, its just as easy to smack 'em one more time instead of casting it.

Bring on the guns, that's a great thought. I was thinking more ranged spells, and you give us guns. I like it.

4. Edaun

Edaun Guest

Whew, it's been a long time since this one was opened.
    *blows dust off thread*

I really would like to see some sort of ranged spell, since guns seem to be out of the genre of Paladinhood. What's wrong with thrown weapons? or Bows?
    Crossbows even!

Wish in one hand...
  5. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

Brumble, my Paladin is now into his 60's and still has the same problem. I find myself running around trying to slay that fleeting rabbitt.

One 'Holy' Ranged Weapon would sure help. I'd even take a vial of 'Holy Water' that acts like a grenade. Maybe an Engineering item?

Like you said, I can dream.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Kind of like a Holy Handgrenade?
  7. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

That is the winning name, with all of your pull with Blizz, I am hoping you'll get that handled for us.

8. Edaun

Edaun Guest

Thrown Holy water is a good idea and fits the Paladinesque genre to some degree..

The Holy Handgrenade is a much better solution, but you'd have to find a Priest and a King who can count to 5...