1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Rant: Point to not being in VvV?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Clog|Mordain, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hey.

Is there a reason to NOT be in VvV? If I attack a VvV player, i turn orange anyway... stupid mechanic if you ask me...

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Yes you get 2 hours orange if you do not die, no big deal. If you kill him, you won't get a murderer count. Orange flaging do not stop you from going to Trammel.

If you kill 5 orange, it cost you somewhere between 2-10 hours as orange, 5 murderer count would had costed you 40 hours as red, where you can't go to Trammel

If blue, you can still give a VvV player a murderer count if he attack and kill you. If you join VvV, you can't give murderer counts to VvV who attack and kill you.

Should you join VvV, that depend of your playstyle. I'm not sure why you think you should be able to attack VvV without being orange, it sounds fair to me.

3. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

This mechanic is one of the best features they put into VvV to stop all the "griefing" from blues.

I wish they would have just put this in factions and fixed the point system.

This was meant to be a different system aside from regular pvp. So if it's actually getting people to pvp where you can attack them (there was awhile where pvp was almost non existant) then it has done it's job.

The only argument that could be made is the lack of population to use the original system without fighting "Ojs"

At the end of the day, the pros outweigh the cons regardless if you like being orange or not.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed.

5. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I think its one of the worst features ever.

2 people are taming greater dragons at destard fel.
    One so called VvV'ers comes , and start to attack one of them.
    The attacked person runs for his life, he calls for help.
    His friend comes, and heal him.
    And now there are 3 orange people, because they are all in separate guilds.
    After awhile the VvV'er kills both players, because he uses a pvp template, and the 2 others didnt because they were just here to tame dragons.

So no it didnt stop greifing at all... All this new feature did was pissing off alot of people.

The same applies if you for example do corgul/fel with friends, and just one of them are in VvV or is flagged for VvV, and you by heal one.
    In a matter of minutes a friendly hunts turns into a nightmare, with alot of death people.

Same applies for champ spawns in fel.

VvV is a very poorly implimented system, and at the end of the day we would all have been much better off without it.

Please note.. Faction was never about greifing at champ spawns, or pvp at yew gate, nor free arties. It was about controlling towns.

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Is this not the risk of doing this in Felucca though? The players doing the taming would know that there is a slight risk of being attack as they are in a non consensual PvP zone.

Goldberg-Chessy and OREOGL like this.
  7. Gamer_Goblin

If I'm reading it right he doesn't get a murder count now though.

8. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I think the orange flagging should only apply in active VvV towns as I believe that is why it was implemented, to prevent blues from interfering with town battles. As stated above if there's spontaneous pvp happening in the wild (my favorite kind!) then you end up sucked into VvV. I say keep it as-is in towns and VvV players are still orange to other VvV players everywhere but make it so that you can still pvp out and about as a blue without getting dragged into VvV. I personally have a dedicated pvp character in VvV and another pvp/pvm character that mostly does pvm but is ready for a fight if someone raids, he shouldn't go orange if he's fighting folks at a champ spawn especially since he's not taking advantage of the VvV artifacts.

MalagAste likes this.
  9. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

The example is moot, the two were subject to being killed by reds anyways without the system in place...

10. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

You go orange even if you are not the aggressor?

11. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

no

cholupa and S_S like this.
  12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I just avoid the whole thing as I have about as much interest in that as I do having all my teeth pulled.

13. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

So the whole scenario above is just false about 3 oranges and a dragon? hehe

cholupa likes this.
  14. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hmm, a orange attacking you do not make you orange and your friend healing you should be ok too

Orange, red or blue, a PvP'er will always have the upper hand. What do it matter if an orenge or a red kill you, you can still report him as long it was not you attacking.

If your friend had been red, you would get grey flaged, no big deal

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

The system can only get better. I think it is a great step in the right direction for PvP. I only have the Siege experience to base my opinions upon.

Yes... If you are in a PvP zone and try to effect it in any way... yer orange. You are given an option to leave. I suggest you do that as soon as that option is available.

16. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

There has always been a risk of getting killed in fel. But what does this have todo with VvV ?

17. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What matters is that you do infact become orange. For helping out your friend.
    Last i checked there wassent any statloss from beeing killed if u got grey.

Most of the time you even get orange if you fight back.
    Heck you even get flagged orange if you attack a red VvV char.

So yes there is a big difference...either way you get the statloss.

But lets get back on topic.

To answer OPs question.
    There is no reason not to join VvV, because its so filled with bugs, that it dosent matter what you do in fel, one way or the other you usually end up beeing orange.

18. FrejaSP

As much as your history about 2 tamers becoming orange, it did not matter if the attacker was VvV or not. There was no way the VvV tag would effect you if they attacked, only if you attack VvV, you will become orange.
    So it seem like you was complaining about getting killed in Felucca

cholupa and OREOGL like this.
  19. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

no

20. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Try and read the post again :)
    I dont mind getting killed at all.

What you fail to see is, that the tamers get killed and statloss..and the attacker the VvV'er got away with it, and he didnt even get a single count.
    If that is not greifing upon others, i dont know what it is.

To sum it up.
    No counts for the attacker (red or blue..)
    Statloss for the tamers.

With VvV the red vs blue is pretty much out of order now.

21. FrejaSP

If your friend attack a VvV and you then try to heal him, yes you will be orange. The stat loss is 5 min, no big deal. Sorry your Noto PK style got ruined, I always hated Noto PK's who wanted to PK without going red.

You do not get orange for fighting back. I'm not sure if you get orange for attacking a red VvV but no big deal, if you are a PvP'er, being orange should not be a problem, so why not just join it :)

Join VvV and get the stat loss potion, and you can use one each 20 min if stat loss is so big a problem

I agree, if you want to play in Felucca, and want to PvP or run traders quests there, just join, much better than just being orange :devil:.

I play Siege, every facet is Felucca ruleset, I'm female, I'm 60 year and I'm VvV. I was red for 10+ years. I can only see one reason, you complain about VvV, you can't be a Noto PK now.

Now why did I join. We do not get the wearable artifacts on Siege but I really love the VvV banners so that made me join. I got the banners but I stay because I love the fights over the alters as we are few on Siege, it could be hard to find a fight. The town battles works great for that.[/quote][/QUOTE]

cholupa likes this.
  22. FrejaSP

Unless there is a bug, that do, that you get orange if you send your pet on the VvV after the VvV attack you, you should not be orange and you should not get stat loss. Maybe you was orange already for being to long in a town

I'm sure something is wrong in your story. It's not intented to work that way. If I attack and kill a blue non VvV, he can report me, he won't get stat loss. It do not matter if I'm a red or blue VvV.
    It really sound like you and your friend already was orange. If in same guild or alliance, you will still look green to each others.

cholupa likes this.
  23. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

You're grasping at straws. If you're not orange when your friend heals you, neither of you will be in stats. Especially if he attacked you.

It's okay not to like something but at least make a valid argument.

cholupa likes this.