1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Raph's been busy.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Stanton Of Pac, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

*Remembers a story about people that make $60k a year selling things on 2nd life and starts learning useless virtual eyecandy skills*

2. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Aye, I've been aware. Thx for the link. Too bad SWG didn't work well with me. Neither does this 'Sims Online'/'HabboHotel'/'2nd Life' cup of tea...
    Granted, I have merely skimmed the gist & I may try it out if I can for free.

3. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The concept, while a bit goofy looking, of world building sure appeals to me. But I don't think this is the route I would choose to fulfull that interest.

4. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

I have some beta keys to hand out for Metaplace if anyone's interested. And opposed to SL, this is completely free.

What nice about metaplace is that its browser run, no downloads, and you don't need a high end gaming computer. The tools are there for world building for any net user, not just scripters. Imagine being given a piece of land the size of Malas and being able to use the house customization tool on the whole thing. Thats how easy it can be.

And yes, its still in beta, but some of us have had NDA dropped. Check out my sites below.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Raph was one of the first Devs of UO, right?

6. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Do I smell a newbie question?

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

A leading question... It is something moderators do. *smiles*

8. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

He was lead developer for Second Age and Ultima Online Live as well as a title that never got announced or released.

9. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable

And he just reminded me he was creative lead for UO as well.

10. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Let us not forget that he was also part of the "good" SWG before SOE went a different direction...

11. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

There was a news story last year about a clothing designer in Vancouver who was having difficulty earning a decent living. She started designing clothes for 2nd Life and selling the outfits online for $1-5 (she resells the same outfit many times). She claimed to be earning over $50k a year from pixel design alone.

12. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I went to your site and got the code. I was able to sign up. =) Thanks for that!

I'm am looking forward to playing around there and finding out what all I can do.

BlissMarie