1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Raptor vs. Bear

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by smeagolsees, Mar 29, 2006.

1. smeagolsees

smeagolsees Guest

I am a lvl 27 hunter (revived him over the weekend) and i have had the idea that bears are the ideal pet to tank.

But in the past few days i have heard that raptors are also great tanks. This is what i have compiled:

Bear= armour-medium; health-good; damage-low

Raptor= armour- medium; health-low(to medium); damage-medium

Which would be better to keep the aggro off me? Or be better for a Marksman specced hunter? Advice?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I like all-around pets most. I have Hyena and it can tank me nicely up to +4 level mobs, I like wolfs too, they keep aggro well. Cats are good too but they do die faster, better for PvP.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I have 3 pets all lvl 36

Bat - Great for some areas sick on high flying mob's set to passive and it brings them down to your lvl so you can kill and loot. 1 drawback the damn wings are a pita [​IMG] wouldn't take him on group hunts.

Cat - all round good but dosn't last long when attacked by more than 1 mob. good speed when charging a mob.

Raptor - This is my best all round pet good for groups can dich out good damage and take it.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ive just began playing im lvl 16 with a lvl 15 cat havent had a change to try out anyhting else yet
  5. MordSnow

MordSnow Guest

I have used mainly cat's. I want a good pet for pvp, couple of my friends have suggested turtles and scorpions. I wanna know what others think.
  6. Akanah

Akanah Guest

I have used a cat sicne I first tamed one. Never liked anything else.

My cats are with me all through Molten Core...

If you train them well, any pet will work well for you, but remember, they are NOT tanks.