1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Rare Collectors Festival 2008 [Feb. 23rd - 29th] ! Looking For Participants!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Guest, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

This is an idea originally proposed by Hemisphere a well known collector from Europa. Unfortunatley the idea while a great one has never come to pass, so in an effort to bring the rares community closer together the idea is being resurrected.

The festival will be held on the Atlantic shard, from Feb 23rd through the 29th. The main events will occur on the first day(an exact time has not yet been set), and possibly some impromptu events will be held through out the week.

The purpose of the festival is to give new and old collectors alike a chance to make new acquaintances, trade their wares, buy and/or sell their wares.

An exact location has yet to be set, but for anyone who wishes to participate a free vendor will be provided to display and sell their wares on.

If anyone wishes to participate please pm/icq me and provide an icq number or other contact method. You will then be contacted to find out what you will be bringing with you.

All are welcome, and anything you wish to bring is welcome as well, be it gold, rares, or companionship!

The more participants we are able to get the more involved this event will become, its currently only in the begining stages, but we are looking into some free commemorative hand outs, possibly a raffle or several, and a potential method, to provide some compensation for travel fees. We may also have a suprise guest or two, and some games. Possibly even an Auction!

But this will all depend on the turn out we recieve!

All participants are responsible for any costs and/or fees they incur to travel to Atlantic.

More information about the Rare Collector's Festival!
    http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=5&Number=7613551&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

<u>Sponsors</u>
    1. DVI - HOST
    2. Manticore
    3. Treyster

<u>Participants</u>

1. Orc Chief
    2.. Beso
    3. Moslar
    4. Halister Marner
    5. Chaosy
    6. Restless
    7. Nine Dark Moons
    8. The Scandinavian
    9. Kaj
    10. Steven Foreman
    11. JC the Builder
    12. Cisco Kid
    13. Sorcon
    14. Ryna McBegg
    15. Demonous
    16. Simon Francis
    17. Ace
    18. Elbryan Uthador
    19. Kratos Aurion
    20. Alexander Smithy
    21. Athelas
    22. Tomas Bryce
    23. Charbear
    24. Sup Soc
    25. Voluptuous
    26. Darsus
    27. Parkay
    28. Tophouseplotter
    29. Teufel Hund
    30. Devil's Own
    31. Smokey of LS
    32. Feath
    33. Lady Nico
    34. BBQ Louisa
    35. Mandosa-nice
    36. Kelek
    37. Rachel of Rachel's Runes
    38. Tek
    39. Laina
    40. Damia TMC

2. Guest

Guest Guest

*goes to dig thru her chests of goodies*

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll be there if I can make it [​IMG]

4. mdacc#one

mdacc#one Guest

iam lookig for:

Death Knight Entry token lanttern
    Happy New Year Lanttern
    Romanticst of Arrriang Lanttern
    or some other neat looking lantterns except for the umbra ones and trapped soul

also looking for:

I stole this necklace

5. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

6. Umm... If everybody pays for their own travels, what on earth are you sponsoring?

7. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Umm... If everybody pays for their own travels, what on earth are you sponsoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

the "managerial and administrative" aspects of holding the event.

8. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Umm... If everybody pays for their own travels, what on earth are you sponsoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

the "managerial and administrative" aspects of holding the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might be more to it than that, we havent decided yet...you gotta remember we JUST decided to do this, TODAY lol, nothing is completely certain or decided just yet, no need for skepticism just yet hehe

the more ppl that participate tho, the more we're guna beable to do [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,

yupp sound like a lot of fun.
    Im currently on Chessy but when I have completed my trip there I can head for Atlantic,hopefully in time for your event.

Atlantic was actually my second shard to play about ,well just say it was a loooooong ago.
    [​IMG]

Im more on the buying than the selling because I wont go to Europa to collect my precious first.
    But I guess you all want some to buy your stuff anyway.
    [​IMG]

If anyone have a Coal Chainmail armor,coal ore,npc ingots,sharpened stick(black)...I would like that alot.
    *hint*

Regards
    The Scandinavian

10. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Depending on how this works out, I will most likely attend aswell.

11. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not so much a big rares collector, but got the interest. Count me in!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Gwen, if you promise to smile more you're welcome to come too!

[​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Awesome, we'll be glad to have you! As much as this is about rares, its a also a community event and is a great opportunity for non collectors to see items that are not available on the market every day, and to perhaps indulge themselves alittle, or to begin a collection!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I love rares, and I'll go ATL soon I guess. *Signs*

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll go if there is a specific date/time everyone is gathering. At least one Atlantic collector should show up, it is on our shard after all.

16. So your "all are welcome" only applies to people who smile... meh... Rubbish !
    *mumblegrumbleroars*

17. Guest

Guest Guest

in order for me to be on the participants list, do i need to bring rares with me to trade/sell or can i just be there to buy other peoples rares? and if the second part is true, count me in [​IMG]

18. Guest

Guest Guest

all you need to bring is yourself and a willingness to participate, if that means spending money then i doubt there will be any complains!

[​IMG]

19. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

buying, selling, trading is what we're looking for the more you bring the better its guna turn out

the money you bring, the more items you bring to trade/sell etc etc

we got like 20 ppl so far willing to participate and we just brought the idea back yesterday, so it'd looking to be extremely promising so far [​IMG]

20. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

<blockquote><hr>

buying, selling, trading is what we're looking for the more you bring the better its guna turn out

the money you bring, the more items you bring to trade/sell etc etc

we got like 20 ppl so far willing to participate and we just brought the idea back yesterday, so it'd looking to be extremely promising so far [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. Now if treyster can bring me then double exe items I ICQed him about a lil bit ago Ill for sure be there. [​IMG]

21. mdacc#one

mdacc#one Guest

Also, for those of you with museums on Atlantic, perhaps we can get group tours, it can be any types of museums server births, rubbles, EM event items, or it doesnt have to be musuem either just some items you wnat to show off.

Note: please no random gates to red terriorties, we're collectors not fighters LOL, we'll get slaughtered.

22. or in the words of Michael Jackson: I think i told you, i'm a lover not a fighter!

23. Its an interesting idea. I might drop by to see how it goes the first time more so as an observer than a participater. I have little free time and less on UO but if all goes well I'll try to attend [​IMG]

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Ill do my utmost to attend.. And I may just bring some rares along as well! [​IMG]

25. Guest

Guest Guest

I would like to attend. Just getting started on the rare's business.

26. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hey... I said maybe.

I'd have to reactivate and all that goodness.

27. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

or in the words of Michael Jackson: I think i told you, i'm a lover not a fighter!

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY CRAP, Gewn said something that wasnt negative :O !!

Way to go Gewn, ur on the right path now [​IMG]

28. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

I will be there depending on time/day!

29. Orc39

Orc39 Journeyman

I also will be there depending on hongkong time when [​IMG]

30. Oooooooooooooooooooo... I wanna come! Can't guarantee I will bring anything other than $$ and the hope of getting something I've always wanted.... [​IMG]

31. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll count you in then!

[​IMG]

32. Guest

Guest Guest

this weekend and next I'm not around...:p and during the week is an hour play at best...but...I will come with money if I can, and many rares just in case

33. Fantaapple

Fantaapple Guest

sounds pointless =[

34. Guest

Guest Guest

UR fat fanta

35. Fantaapple

Fantaapple Guest

Omgooses lets show uo pixels we are cool ^^
    ur ugly alyssa &lt;3

36. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

sounds pointless =[

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what on Earth sounds pointless about this????

37. Guest

Guest Guest

Fantaapple if it sounds pointless then dont bother coming, and dont bother posting about it. Why even post in the first place? The whole point of this is to inspire more of a community feel and bring the many rare collectors of uo together, and to give everyone an opportunity to buy and sell and trade and haggle, and have fun.

If you dont enjoy being part of a community, or having fun, or spending time with others then this certainly is not the place for you.

38. I havent been very active the past couple weeks. But I would love to give a tour of my "Museum"...

39. Yep, this whole thing is all about getting to Atlantic, kisssing allot of booty, and make DVI sell his items dirt cheap. I can not wait.

40. Guest

Guest Guest

pfft better not kiss my arse!

41. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll be there, if I can [​IMG]

42. Ultima83

Ultima83 Guest

Ill make the trip over

43. Guest

Guest Guest

I will come , but i will just use my atlantic char and see how the event goes, really cant afford 2 transfer tokens , but my atlantic char will drop bye and take a peek......If its good then maybe next time i will transfer with stuff/gold...

44. Guest

Guest Guest

THP you as is anyone else welcome to come and participate, but I don't want any negativity from anyone about it, this is supposed to be a positive event to bring the community together.

45. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

<font color="purple"> you need shoppers, right? [​IMG] </font>

46. Guest

Guest Guest

Buyers, Sellers, Traders!

Maybe a few Gawkers &amp; Browsers!

47. Guest

Guest Guest

If you need an house, I have buy a new in luna next to west gate.

Is empty and i leave empty untill the festival, if you are interested.

I could give a free vendor to each partecipant that want sell something.

Before that someone tell that is for advertise my new shop.

- The house is completly empty, and i don't know, when i have time to start it (I have few time to play for RL problem).

- I could give more that 50 free vendors because is empty.

- Is in a good location (Luna), and in good position for the street.

48. Guest

Guest Guest

Darsus, I certainly appreciate the offer, but if your free time to play UO is limited it would be best if we use my house as I have a wider range of availability.

49. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]

I need 1 min to add a vendor, is different that start a shop, but np was because, we could make a particular customization for the event and to don't remove eventually vendors from a shop.

I am happy that it has been appreciated [​IMG]

50. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm on Atlantic.. I have some rares but nothing recent. Just got back into game since AOS pretty much. I dont even know what is rare that i have anymore. I'll prolly drop by to see what's still rare of the old school stuff..
    If anyone is willing to help me identify what i have as rare it would be appreciated. I dont plan on selling anything tho.