1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Rare parrots

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Kerrik, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Kerrik

Kerrik Guest

I've been seeing an awful lot of the rare colored ones popping up for sale on GL in the last week and was wondering what these are going for on other shards.

Folks are vendoring them for 3-4mil, seem right?
  2. There was a dupe for them along with stone ankhs and fountains.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Was? I really have seen little indication that the Ankh dupe has been fixed. I just may have been too depressed to look though.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

Seen a few for sale on Baja at 3M as well
  5. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 25, 2004
    There was a dupe for them along with stone ankhs and fountains.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Unless I am missing something, the parrot would have to be on a perch to have been duped as the ankh's were. And you would have to really trust someone to buy a parrot on a perch for millions of gold. (as you have no idea what the bird looks like till placed.)
  6. Kerrik

Kerrik Guest

I'm always skeptical whenever I see something "new" cropping up.

I've had my eye out for one of those for quite some time, simply out of window-shopping value. But to go from 0 to over 10, 6 on one vendor alone, in the span of a week sets off alarm bells.

And yes, these were un-placed birds. Guess I'll sit and watch some more.

dupe = value (0) to me, doesn't matter what it is.