1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Rare Wood Bug

Discussion in 'UHall' started by bioras, Sep 28, 2008.

1. bioras

bioras Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

When the rare woods first came out, my carpenter was unable to craft anything with them and retain the color. Everything looked like it was made of plain wood. I won't go into the hours I spent online and on the phone trying to get it corrected. I was using 2 different computers, never connected, so it's not on my end. I finally gave up & switched carpentry to my other crafter. Promlem solved. Well maybe not...
    Now my other crafter is having the same issue. Anyone else affected? Anyone know how to deal with this issue?

2. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Have you gotten someone else to take a look at the item and see if it is colored? Might be a client-side glitch...

Also, there is a button on the tool to allow/disallow coloring of weapons.

Check both these. If it is determined to be client-side, reinstall, repatch, and off you go!

3. There's still rare wood in UO? I stopped chopping wood because all I get now are regular, oak and ash.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

in your crafting menu, where it shows which wood is selected (bottom left), is there an asterisk beside it?

5. bioras

bioras Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

No, no asterisk. Should there be? I am going to try to reinstall.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if it had been it would have explained what was happening. An asterisk means the 'do not color' option has been selected.

The account is ML registered of course.

7. bioras

bioras Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The reinstall seems to have done the trick. Thank you. :)