1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Raw materials pricing ??

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by GarthGrey, Jan 25, 2015.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I couldn't think of another name for this thread. I"m considering setting up a vendor for ship related items, not just Orc ships, but also cannons, cannon balls, charges (even though most use the paintings), etc. I want to do this because it doesn't seem that anyone else is. It may because there isn't a demand for it right now. Anyway, my concerns are pricing. Personally I don't think these items should come cheap, as it does take time to create them, but I also don't want to price them so high that it's a waste of time. My feelings are, the price of an item that requires only ingots to produce, should be twice the cost of the material itself. I would be happy with that price. Iron ingots typically sell for around 12 gp each, more on some of the more ridiculously priced vendors, but 12 is fair to me. That would put a single heavy cannonball at 144 gold. Is anyone of the opinion that that would be too much for such a simple item ? Check vendor search and tell me how many vendors you find selling them. While you're at it do a search for Orc ships as well. I started selling these at 5 mil back in the past, and felt that was a good deal on them. I've since lowered them to 3 mil and they've stopped selling. Maybe everyone has one now, I don't know. But 3 mil is a fantastic price imo, especially since no one else seems to be doing the work to produce them (for resell, not for handing out to your friends). I know I can just make all this crap, stick it on a vendor and then advertise it and that will tell me if the pricing is good or bad, but I wanted to get a sampling of everyones thoughts on this first, here, before I do it. Once I start, I'll absolutely keep it restocked since I'm sitting on more of this stuff than I care to, and now this paragraph has become way too long. Thank you for reading it.

2. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Personally, I have one of the Britt ships, and I was looking for cannon and supplies the other day. I'm not sure what a fair price is either, but I'm certainly interested in finding a vendor that has it. If you set one upplease post the location because I'll forget to go back and look it up otherwise.

3. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

That is a decent price to ask Garth. when I kept up a vendor I sold these as well, but I sold them at 20 per ingot to make( twice what I based my ingots on which was 10gp.) so a heavy was 240, a light was 120. on the grapeshot i just made it 250 and 125 (5gp for the cloth). also in your example i believe you either meant light cannonball or 288 gp.

4. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I think its definitely worth doing, and the prices sound fair. If you stock the vendor in small-ish amounts it should keep your cost down if stuff ends up sitting for a little bit. But, it's easy to go through this stuff if you blow up boats regularly, and it's also a pain in the ass to make it all. There is definitely a hole in the market to be filled, and hopefully people will buy regularly enough to make it worthwhile

5. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Yeah I did Jethro Bodine cypherin in my head and was thinking 12x12.

6. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

you musta' forgot to take off your shoes and carry the naught :p

7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Apparently there are 4 of us that even give a crap about this idea, so I'll table it for now. Its' getting all of its thunder stolen by the hate thread(s) anyway.

8. Silent Singer

Lol, well when you put up a vendor let me know and I'll buy supplies for my eventual career as dread pirate Roberts

9. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I laughed. :)

As for prices, no idea as I´ve never bought or sold the stuff.
    But if you would stock a vendor I would gladly donate 2 Mil to the vendor for fees for having a stocked one on Siege.
    If it doesn´t sell you can just keep it up until it drops. If it sell, you can keep stocking it and keep the profit.

What say ye?

Spiffykeen and kelmo like this.
  10. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Use the new vendor search option to check prices.

The fuses and cannonball prices are high here. If you sell for double materials cost you'll just get used as an easy supply for the high priced vendors.

I plan on selling them in batches of a hundred or so in person if I do sell them cheaply so that people can have them to use without paying ridiculous amounts.

I'm into crafting, not grand theft.

11. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Thanks for the advice, glad I've motivated you to start selling this stuff too. So how long are you around for this time ? :p

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Last time was 12 years standard shards, here, just the last few months before I went to another game. Siege was part of what drew me back though the drop in population on Chessie was a shock . I wonder if the population here might be higher than Chessie now. I shoved past three or four invisible people just this morning.

How long I'm back for is up in the air. The two year break sure has helped my attitude towards this game though, so I might be around for a fair while.

13. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Be sure you add detect and tracking to your template...then you can say hello to everyone with hide and stealth :) ...la

14. Silent Singer

I've been looking around other shards and I think siege actually might be the second most active. It doesn't look like it at first glance, but the very nature of siege means you will never have the clusters you do on Atlantic. But think back to the holiday event, we had a ton of people and plenty more who just said hi in gc or couldn't make it and posted on stratics. I think the game is actually going in a good direction. Without getting to long in the details, activity had noticeably increased on Atlantic in the last 6 months and there seems to be a ripple effect here. I bumped into a returning player on Legends the other day, only the fourth person I had seen in two weeks! I sent them to Atlantic and suggested siege as well.