1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

re advertisements on stratics forums

Discussion in 'UHall' started by eve, Apr 29, 2010.

1. eve

eve Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

in the past, i paid xdollars per month or something to get rid of the ads here..... is there a way to block them now?

2. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Firefox + Adblock = bliss

Unless you browse from a cell phone, then the ads suck to say the least.

But they're cooking up some stratics plus scheme as we speak and hopefully it won't be used to fraud this time around. (like overbilling, continuing to bill even after people removed plus and continuing to bill long after plus was discontinued)

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just to add, That was due to the company who ran Stratics Plus, Not Stratics itself. :)

But yes, Stratics Plus is being worked on again.

4. eve

eve Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks......

I shall return to Firefox....... can't recall why I quit using......

5. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm glad to hear a Stratics Plus is being set up. The ads are getting very tiresome. I won't play any of them after putting up with the endless repeats of them. The Conan one with the three large words, Courage, Carnage & Cleavage is particulaly irritating. Might not be if I was several decades younger, or far enough along in my second childhood to be in my second puberty of course. <g>

6. Thangorodrim

Thangorodrim Guest

Chrome has an ad-block extension as well and is extremely fast.

For sites that I frequent with good security records, I usually permit ads unless they are obnoxious like: stratics.

Ads are a significant malware vector so its best to block them by default.

The odd part is that I judge stratics has a decent demographic for context derived, targeted advertising but they instead run the lowest common denominator banners in a disrespectfully blaring presentation.

7. Thangorodrim

Thangorodrim Guest

The fox has supped deeply and grown many dubious features, ligature and encumbrance; being no longer so agile.