1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

RE: Corpses won't decay...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nematode, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Dear all,

I was hoping that I could get help with a problem I have by posting on the most-read forum here. I had already posted this on the UO Enhanced Client beta discussion, only to know of more people with the same issue, and no solution...

Problem is this:

I noticed this problem last week after the latest publish. When I go spawning, the corpses from the fallen mobs just won't decay at all. I'll end up with level 1 to 4 mob corpses strewn all over the place when the champ spawns. My partner, who is on 2D, does not experience this (though someone in the EC forum claimed that he experienced this on both clients).

Prior to this, the spawn corpses decay at an accelerated rate than normal mob corpses. The only way to clear the corpses is if I log out and back in everytime when the screen is just too choke-full of them for me to see properly... I also cant loot the corpses that have fallen for a while, clearly, they have already "decayed", but not graphically erased...

Anyone else had experience with this and got it resolved? (again, someone from the EC forum said that reinstalling UO and upgrading the PC doesnt seem to help)

Thx!

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Doesn't happen on classic client. Do these non decaying corpses open up?

3. No, they don't really exist... it's a graphical glitch. Sometimes you also get "monsters" that just stand in one spot, have no health bars and can't be targeted. Another glitch. That one confused me for a while.

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it happens in both clients. ive seen it on multiple computers as well. I always get it at champ spawns. they are never dead they are just alive standing still with empty health bars.

5. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen this happen at champ spawns too. I just noticed it a few days ago. Not only did the corpse graphics hang around but one of my EV's did too however it was stuck in place and didn't do any damage to anything nor did show up as one of my summons or take up any pet slots. I thought it was strange but it all went away when I quit and restarted EC client.

6. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

The really funny ones are the ones that die standing up. Then you have to DF or refresh pot to run through them. My buddy had that for days.

7. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Player zombies!

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've had graphical glitches with the 2d client in similar fashion. What I did to fix it was to reboot the entire computer.