1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Re: How to fix Greyed out sims

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by puss in boots, Mar 29, 2008.

1. The people that are having problems getting their greyed out sims online through the tso client... redo your short cuts ... i just done that and now i can get my sims back online ...puss

Goodluck

2. Thank you so much.. I wasn't sure if that was how it was going to be from now on. YEAH lol

3. <blockquote><hr>

The people that are having problems getting their greyed out sims online through the tso client... redo your short cuts ... i just done that and now i can get my sims back online ...puss

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's good to here, maybe this will help others.

Mavric

4. Guest

Guest Guest

what ya mean... redo?

5. Shyanne1

Shyanne1 Guest

What is the TSOclientDX9.exe? There is a plain TSOClient.exe, which one do we use?

BTW, I just delete my shortcut and redid it and it didn't work. I was never able to get windowed mode with the shortcuts suggested on here. I have to use the game shortcuts and change my resolution and then I get windowed mode.

6. ceibhfhionn1

ceibhfhionn1 Guest

<blockquote>What is the TSOclientDX9.exe?</blockquote>

When you inititially log in, there is an option to log into TC3(test). If I am not mistaken (which I probably am), the DX9 file is associated with that and is dependant on which version of DirectX you are using. Anyone know for sure?

<blockquote> There is a plain TSOClient.exe, which one do we use?</blockquote>

The plain TSOClient.exe is the file. [​IMG]

7. Shyanne1

Shyanne1 Guest

I'm still having this problem and I'm making the shortcuts directly from the files in the directories? Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

8. <blockquote><hr>

I'm still having this problem and I'm making the shortcuts directly from the files in the directories? Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the tips section they gave great information how to fix for multiplaying your sims... when I copy/pasted their suggestion, didn't work for me.. however... when I just copied the ending section of what I didn't have on my target line (properities on the tsoclient.exe shortcut), it worked well...

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

That is my workable target line to view all my sims no matter which window I'm playing/selecting in... able to scroll to every sim to view/play.
    What I did .. I had this : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -r800x600

Then I made a space after the 600 and added the rest.. was the only way I could get mine to work on my two pc's.
    Good luck!

9. YAY I finally got mine fixed!

My problem was that I did not change my "start in" line, I still had it addressed to the patch!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

YAY I finally got mine fixed!

My problem was that I did not change my "start in" line, I still had it addressed to the patch!

[/ QUOTE ]DOH! [​IMG]

Even I had completely missed this! [​IMG]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

my sims are greyed out but only on the patch shortcut....my client is fine, anyone have any adivice to fix this?? thankz