1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spellweaving] re masteries and arcane focus

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by ioelis, Nov 22, 2015.

1. ioelis

ioelis Journeyman

Jul 10, 2015
    Okay.... I currently am 120 SW w/ 1st tier SW mastery. My understanding is that this gives a +1 to my arcane focus. I have noticed that when I take advantage of this benefit to more easily get to a strength bonus 6 arcane focus, if I turn around later and switch to a different mastery, I lose 1 strength bonus from my arcane focus. Is this how it is supposed to be? That the bonus imparted by the mastery level is only active while that mastery is selected? Also, is there a way to work around this or is this basically the game mechanic... thanks
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    That is working as intended. You only get the bonus when the mastery is active.

ioelis, Merlin and whiterabbit like this.
  3. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

Sep 1, 2014
    The workaround is to get a natural 6 focus that isn't reliant on mastery buff.
    ioelis and Herp! like this.