1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Re: Why can't shadowjump reach certain places that teleport can reach?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by nightstalker22, Nov 23, 2009.

1. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've always assumed it was because shadow jumping requires stealth to activate, so it will not allow you to jump onto a tile that is blocked in all directions so that you cannot enter stealth to jump out should you be revealed or log out and back in in that place. Sure there is the "help stuck" menu, but why not avoid the situation altogether, not everyone has magery and or the regs/lrc to teleport out if they get stuck shadowjumping. Of course, I could be totally wrong, maybe the devs overlooked something when adding ninjitsu. :D

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I realise it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but the sub forum is not a discussion forum, discussions of the topics go in here.

3. you can still activate stealth mode standing still like in the olden days.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Cool, one of my question got accepted!

This question came up previously, and we were bouncing possible answers off each other. We had many, but realized only a dev would know.