1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Reactivating an old account

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Aloysiuss, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Aloysiuss

Aloysiuss Guest

I havent played in a few years but i have considered coming back, with a few friends does anyone have any definitive information on character deletion ?

I dont care about houses or items i just was wondering if the characters were still there

i logged onto uo.com and ea.com and i couldnt find out anything except where to pay for the reactivation

Thanks for the info and maybe i will see you on shard

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Go to account management, click New/Edit Acct, then modify an account.
    That simple :)

3. Aloysiuss

Aloysiuss Guest

That part i got

will my characters be availible to me?

i havent played since 12-2005 ??

Thats the question sorry if i wasnt clear

4. I'm fairly sure they will be.

According to the KB:

"Currently we do not delete characters in Ultima Online based on age or inactivity. However, character data does take up a great deal of space on the servers, and many players have multiple characters that they do not play (characters made for one-time events, made during their regular shard downtime, etc.). In the event of low disk space, we may delete unused characters, which are defined as any character that has not been logged in for 6 months, and has 350 or fewer total skill points. This system may be activated at any time if it becomes necessary (i.e. when the available disk space on a shard becomes low). Since it will only be activated in the event of low disk space, it may not be activated on all shards at once. Remember - although inactive characters are not deleted at this time, it's always smart to make sure your favorite characters are refreshed at least every few months! Once this system is turned on, it will be a permanent addition to the game."

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

*reads again*

Oh, woops.
    lol. Thought I read that you couldn't find out where to pay for reactivation :p
    But yes, they definitely will be available :D

6. FatMagic

FatMagic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I hadn't played since November 2004, and my characters were there 4.2 years later. They will keep them around for sure :)

7. Babble

Babble Guest

Mot likely yes.
    Europa?

8. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Unless you got 100's of millions to catch up its not gonna be worth it you will just end up giving up before your month is done.