1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

real hitching post

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kojak, May 16, 2015.

1. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have the silver "real" hitching post in my house and it has charges but I realized that I haven't used a charge in years - you can stable pets all day long with it but you have to run to town every time to claim pets - it's only like halfway useful - it would be nice to be able to use it to claim pets too - just seems stupid at this point that it's designed so badly - wish they'd change it and ditch the charges already - sick of it

MalagAste and sacred fungus like this.
  2. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

you can recharge it and claim pets with it

3. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

it's a pain in the ass to recharge - f that

4. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I use pet ball to summon pet... And the hitching post at.my house to put em away

Lord Frodo and Kirthag like this.
  5. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

what az said....

6. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

oh yeah, i'll waste powder of translocation when I have a perfectly good hitching post sitting right there - GENIUS!

7. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

btw, I love your hitching post "fix"

[​IMG]

8. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Why did you buy it then? Sorry I do not see your point. It has charges on it so you can claim pets with it but you choose not to and you complain about it? When you got it you knew it used charges to claim pets and that at some point you would have to recharge it and yet you complain about it. Do you want to stable pets for free, or better yet when you walk by it it auto stables your pet. Why did you even buy it, I think they are great and have them at all my houses and have them set so anyone can stable their pets but not claim them.

9. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I've got 3 of them from IDOCs and no tamer. But they make nice deco for the court yard.

10. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I didn't know powders of translocation were so rare I need to be concerned about using them?? I find hitching posts very convieent....I go find a map location on my ethy....once I know where it is exactly...then. Set up the area and summon my pet. After I finish the map I recall home...stable pet via hitching post...and unload all the stuff. Grab another map and off I go again. I basically take everything from the chest now so I have to go home to unload...nice not having to drag a dragon around.......

Lord Frodo and azmodanb like this.
  11. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Exactly pot is ez to get and buy .. At any pot dealer.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I guess I find it simple to just stop at the stables in Skara Brae and pick up my pet or drop it off as I hit the bank... Never thought it was that inconvenient to begin with...

Now I do own a few of the posts I have never really used them... mostly because I find the "uses" to be lame and I don't want to bother recharging it when I can just simply recall to the stable easy enough. Now if it was something that gave me EXTRA stable slots or something I might care to use it... but since it doesn't.. I really don't bother with it.

Long time ago I always thought it would be nice if it used your house's vendor slots for stable slots... and you could have as many extra stable slots as your house could have vendors... But that's just the tamer in me wanting more stable space.