1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

REAL magery effects scribe intensities etc?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by dum3886, Nov 8, 2007.

1. dum3886

dum3886 Guest

is it the real magery that effects scrive intensities/ chance of more properties or can i just use jewels to bump up to 115.

I used the recipe on my pvper and he's only got 106 magery hehe..

2. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I dont even KNOW if magery really bumps the chanse of more/better properties tbh.
    Can anyone confrim that this is a FACT? Otherwise i just keep on selling all 120 Magery PS's!

3. I'm quite sure the Dev's stated that with higher magery you have a higher chance to make better spellbooks. However, the formula was changed to make it so a GM mage has the possiblity to make the same quality spellbook as legendary mage can. The probability is quite a bit lower though.
    The way I understand it is a legendary mage has a better chance at more mods and at higher intensities. Intensity isn't relevant when it comes to slayer spellbooks, the amount of mods is though. More mods per book means you get more 'rolls' for that superslayer property.

As for the OP's question: Sorry, I don't know whether or not you need real skill. My instincts say you do but I cannot back that up by any data at all.
    I recon you could test it by crafting a bunch of spellbook with and then without your jewlery. Then see if there's any difference.

4. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Speaking of testing.. can you make scrappers on TC? or do you still have to get the recipe?

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i think it does have to do with real skill..
    when i was working magery i had 90 real skill and i have powerscroll to 115.
    i had +10 bracelet and +12 book i made and i still never got a 3 mod book untill i hit gm magery on real skill.

now i have gm magery and +10 bracelet and +12 book with 115 scroll, i make all books but i dont get alot of 3 mod ones. maybe 1 in 25.

i also have 21% bonus talisman.
    my inscription skill is 95.something

im working magery up to 115 to see what happens.

6. Chameleon

Chameleon Guest

You still need the receipe in TC but i believe it's provided in your bank.
    Just have to look out for the particular one or you can just doubleclick every receipe u see. [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

You still need the receipe in TC but i believe it's provided in your bank.
    Just have to look out for the particular one or you can just doubleclick every receipe u see. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I always give myself all the crafting skills, then click through them all ^o^

8. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

<blockquote><hr>

i think it does have to do with real skill..
    when i was working magery i had 90 real skill and i have powerscroll to 115.
    i had +10 bracelet and +12 book i made and i still never got a 3 mod book untill i hit gm magery on real skill.

now i have gm magery and +10 bracelet and +12 book with 115 scroll, i make all books but i dont get alot of 3 mod ones. maybe 1 in 25.

i also have 21% bonus talisman.
    my inscription skill is 95.something

im working magery up to 115 to see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

See I don't have 115 scroll, I am maxed at 105 and I have never gotten a 3 mod book. Maybe it isn't real skill.

Somebody give me a 115 mage scroll [​IMG] and I will do the requisite tests and post pretty graphs of the results