1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

REAL VS MODIFIED

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Elric_Soban, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

120 real skill vs 120 modified skill

does the real skill have any advantage over modified? (i would hope not or skill jewellry = useless but who knows)

2. For using Prov, Peace or Disc there is no difference.

For using the Mastery spells real skill is all that counts.

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

yup, what he said

4. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Bah this info sucks...

Ive just put together a suit with quite a bit of +skill items. I belive it has a total of +75 bardingskill increase :(

So what that really means is that i can use my bard skills just as i could before the changes but i wont be able to get the new buffs that bardingskills provide?

Sucks to be me :wall:

5. You need a minimum of 90 real Music & whichever Bard skill in order to take the mastery quest and the effects of the spell songs are scaled from there up to 120, with additional effect for having more than 1 Bard skill.

6. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Okey! I think im at the 105 reall provo & Music and at 90 reall discord. All 120 with items though.
    Will the spell songs be any usefull at all at these low levels?

Thanks in advance!

7. Having a mastery also reduces the skill timer and gives an increased success chance for whichever skill you have it in, so you may want to base it more on that than the spell songs themselves. At those levels Idk you'd have to try it but I would say that, even if you were 120 in all only 1 of the Prov ones is useful so I expect that will still be the case with what you have, Despair might be if you're using a slayer instrument you might get 30-50 damage out of it per tick, Tribulation is useless on anything other than a dexxer Bard.

I'd go with the Prov one that increases stats/HP and heals you continuously. Assuming you can sustain the mana on this build.

8. Poo

its been a while since i went deep into the bard masteries.... but i seem to recall that they are done in incriments of 10 when they are doleing out the extra points.

then of course ya get more for having more barding skills.

so you would gain nothing from being 105 instead of being 100.

ill have to look that up.

like youll still get buffs from doing them, just not as much.

here ill go have a look at the write up to have a look see.

back in a sec.

9. Poo

but like posted above.
    it is definatlly worth having a mastery JUST to have the reduction in the bard timer.

you get a reduction in ALL bard skills just for having a mastery.
    then you get a further reduction in the skill you have a mastery in.

which in and of iteself is worth having the points high enough to get a mastery.

10. Poo

ok so lets have a look at the latest write up from the dev's

ok so this one will effect you

Bards with secondary bard skills above GM (Real Skill) will receive a slightly reduced mana cost for spell song upkeep

and this one

Bards with a mastery get a 5% bonus to their success chance at using any bard skills, and a 10% bonus to using the skill of their mastery focus.

and this

All bard songs receive a slight bonus to their effects if the bard has additional bard skills over GM(Real Skill).

and

Bard Skill Timeout reduced to 8 Seconds.

coupled with this

Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

Each additional bard skill above GM after the mastery skill and musicianship grants -1 to spell song upkeep cost.

and provo

* Inspire: Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
    * Invigorate: Party Hit Points increased by up to 20, Party healed for 7-16 dmg every 4 seconds. (Provocation Based). Party Strength, Dex, Int ,Increased by Up to 8.

or if you go disco route

* Discordance spell songs are affected by the target's magic resistance. (PvP and specific Mobs only)
    * Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
    * Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.

OK, HERE IS THE INFO ON THE ADDED PERKS FOR HAVING NATURAL 120 and more of them.

Provo

Inspire:
    HCI/SDI: 4 - 16 (Base)
    - +1% Bonus per 10 points in a secondary skill above GM. (So thats up to 22% HDI/SDI for a 4x Legendary Bard) (PvP Cap is still 15% SDI)
    DI = 20 - 40% (Base) + 3% Per 10 points in secondary skill above GM (58% at 4x Legendary)

Invigorate:
    +2 -> 8 To each stat (Base)
    (4x Legendary = +14)
    Healing 4-16 (Base) , 4xLegendary (10-22)

and Disco

Tribulation:
    Bonus damage is no longer physical. Its a flat % of damage taken.
    Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
    Bonus Damge (8 - 32%) Base, 4x Legendary ( 50%)
    Bonus Damage Chance ( 15 - 60%) Base, 4x Legendary (84%)
    HCI/SDI Debuff (5 - 20%) Base, 4xLegendary (32%)

Despair:
    Duration (5-11 rounds) - 4x Legendary =14 rounds
    Damage (9 - 36) (Base) , 4x Legendary (48)
    PvM Damage Modifier 1.5x
    PvM w/Slayer Damage Modifier 3x
    Strength Reduction (4 - 16) Base, 4x (22) (Subject to modifier for PvM and slayers)

11. Poo

meat and potatoes of it all:

having the mastery will give you;
    a) reduction in barding timer down from 8 seconds to 7 seconds in all barding skills and down to 6 seconds in the mastery skill

b) reduction in mana cost (-1 for skills ABOVE GM)

c) 5% bonus in all barding skills, 10% in you mastery

d) the bard songs recieve a bonus for skill(s) over GM

and then the provo masteries would break down like this.
    if you where 90 in music, provo and disco
    Inspire:
    HCI/SDI: 4 - 16 (Base)
    DI: 20 - 40% (Base)

with 120 skill in music, provo and disco
    Inspire:
    HCI/SDI: 20
    DI: 52%

and if you stack it with the other provo bard mastery spell you will get a buff to your stats
    +2 -> 8 To each stat (Base) (4x Legendary = +14) (would be as high since you dont run peace)
    Healing 4-16 (Base) (4xLegendary (10-22) (again not so high since you dont run peace)

so ya, in a nut shell even with out the high skills, if you can at least get to 100 (GM) in all three of the skills (music, provo and disco) then it looks like it will be very helpfull too ya.
    and 120 would be ice cream with lots of toppings.

12. Poo

granted, i wonder just how good all this will be.
    cause i was out killing the ancient hell hounds and i was using the provo mastery and i was finding that EVERY TIME i got hit i was loosing the masteries and would have to re cast, and i was standing back and playing the roll of the good old bard.

thats not going toe to toe in a melee template.

so reall, how good would all this be against something that hits you while your nose to nose with it?

meh, not sure.

dont have a fencer or macer or swordsman bard.

only archers bards and pure bards and disco tamers.

so i couldnt say.

13. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

If you're going melee and had peace mastery as an option, the dci and the damage reduction may lower your damage taken enough that you don't get interrupted. Also if you ran both at the same time the added regen could very well allow you to keep them up perpetually.

14. Poo

well played sir, well played indeed!

good to see your still lurking around old bean.

15. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I try to lurk as much as possible.

16. Satana

Satana Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

so does this mean that i would be better off having 120 real prov/peace and 120 modified music .. so that i can get the mastery bonus of increased success chance for either provocation or peacemaking?

currently i have 120 real music/prov and 100 peace plus 20 from skill jewelery

17. No, having the mastery gives the increased success chance. The chance doesn't vary.

The only thing that real skill does is affect the bonuses added by the active use of spell songs.

18. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ya its good to have real skill at 100,110 or 120 and wasted at 95 and 105 or such
    100 will give the start bonuses so at least have 100 real skill.

Lorddog