1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Realism (and PvP)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lairkingo, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Lairkingo

Lairkingo Guest

I really miss games that feel.... real. WoW is really fun, but since UO I've yet to come across a game where it feels like my character is playing an actual role in a real society. Similarly, it doesn't feel like there are actually any risks or rewards to actions.... there's no tightening of my throat when I walk through a dangerous area on my own.

I think this *needs* to change. People need to try to create a game that is fun and has mass appeal but also feels real and dangerous.

2. JAY8533

JAY8533 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Check out Darkfall. Having been out of touch with the "gaming scene" for some number of years (currently the only games I play on my PC are UO and X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter lol) I was looking into new MMORPGs coming out. Darkfall sounds like it might bring back that feeling of danger that UO had pre-Trammel.

3. al-Maroc

al-Maroc Guest

Darkfall has a too-many-years dev history and has really felt to me as if it's just Vaporware.

4. Sawo

Sawo Visitor

Age of Conan, Hyboria has no neutrals or friends in PvP servers, except few towns. You can only avoid damaging somone when they are in your team, you can even kill you fellow guild mates with careless swings because fight is not againts one target, but everything what is front of you. Love it..... especially when you end someone with "fatality"

5. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, if all else fails, you can always enter the fantastic, yet slightly, um, unique world of LARP'ers. If you act now, you can do your very own interpretation of what this fellow is doing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Lightning Bolts for everyone and good times all around! Oh yes, I forgot to mention the fellow who's casting "Sleep!" in the background as well. :love:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!