1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Really need advice as I'm trying to build this char

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Xenobia, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I found this template for PVM online...how does it sound to all you NOX folks? Its the 3rd time I've posted it (so sorry about that) but I really would like to finish her off. :confused: Do I need to get SW in there somehow? And if so, how much? Or is this just a dumb template and I should shoot her and call it good? lol Thanks for any help ya'll can offer!

120 Mage (+20 mage on crystalline, -20 on mage wep) = 120
    120 Resist
    120 Eval Int
    100 Focus (+20 focus on crystalline) = 120
    120 Mystic
    80 Poison
    60 Necro

2. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oh yeah, I also don't understand the 60 necro. What is the point in that? Thanks again!

3. hamburger

hamburger Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The template you posted feels like more of a PVP template than a PVM template (due to lack of Spirit Speak).

My guess is that someone was using that template for evil omen (20 skill min cast) to increase dump dmg and/or for straight wraith form to walk through players in choke fights.

For PVP, that template is not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

For PVM, I prefer to not run NOX (as I question its relative value vs other spells such as spellweaving) so I will defer to someone else who is more familiar with it.

If you could describe what you intend to specifically do in PVM with this character, I could give a bit more advice based on my personal experience.

Thanks

4. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Probably a dumb question, but what do you intend to accomplish with the Poison?

5. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I had just never used poisoning before and thought it would be cool to try the one thing I've never done. Its looking like a mistake at this point lol I don't pvp at all. I like Exodus and Medusa...things like that. I had read somewhere that a char with poisoning was dropping some poison fields that were kicking a$$ in PVM. It does aggro everything in the room, but he/she said it didn't matter because of the necro/small amount of SW. I may just forget the whole thing because even if I made this char, I wouldn't have a clue as to how to play her. Thanks guys!