1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Rebuilding Siege – Part 1 – Siege’s 10th Anniversary

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Bruin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Ok, I’m going to try and keep this short because I tend to ramble, but we all know Siege is slowly dying. EA isn’t going to come to the rescue, so the only way we can help rebuild Siege is by doing it ourselves. So I have a plan to help promote Siege that comes about in two parts – the first being Siege’s 10th Anniversary – the second being a promotion campaign to be discussed later.

Siege’s 10th anniversary I believe is July 30, 2009 – a fairly momentous occasion. This shard (and game) has been around for longer than most MMOs. Last year Hoffs tried to get some events going around Siege’s 9th anniversary that I believe did not succeed due to lack of interest/participation. This year I’m going to give it a shot using a different approach.

The purpose of Siege’s 10th Anniversary Events would be two-fold:
    1. For the players of Siege to celebrate it’s decade anniversary through various events.
    2. To draw in new players who want to give Siege a chance by planning events such that any person could participate, regardless of skill, and by promoting these events to the UO community as a whole.

Now I’m going to organize the planning of these events in a very different fashion – I’ve already decided generally what events will be held and generally who will be holding them and I’m going to TELL those people to commit to them. Now this might seem like I’m being over-bearing and possibly bossy – however I’ve realized something in life. If you ask a community at large to please participate in something, you get a low turnout, say 20%. If you ask someone directly to do something, you get maybe a 50% turnout. If you tell them to do something, they typically do it so say a 70% turnout. I think this all came to me when I realized the only way my wife can actually get me to take out the trash is if she gets it all ready and hands it to me and says ‘take out the damn trash now’ cause every other time I just ‘forget.’ And I want this to succeed.

I will be asking most if not all of the large guilds/alliances to sponsor their event. Each event has been geared towards what types of events these guilds/alliances have planned in the past. If for whatever reason you want to chose a different event, GO FOR IT. I only picked these events for simplicity. Like I know CWS plans Story Nights, so I basically am just asking CWS to plan a story night on day X.

So the events, the times, and the sponsors:
    Tuesday July 28th – Story Night – CWS
    Wednesday July 29th – Fight Night (let newbies go against newbies as well as vets vs vets) – TnT
    Thursday July 30th (10th anniversary) – Naked Sosaria race/easter egg hunt – Unknown sponsor (C8V?)
    Friday July 31st – Tavern Night – Iantown
    Saturday August 1st – Newbie Dungeon Crawl – GIL
    Saturday August 1st – Newbie Army (get ‘blue’ newbs to battle the shard reds) – TNT/420/V?
    Sunday August 2nd – Werewolf - GIL
    Sunday August 2nd – Newbie Harrower – White Council (CWS/GIL)

If anyone else wants to sponsor an event, GO FOR IT! Not all events are set in stone, and there is space say on Monday July 27th to plan an event. Also the sponsors can pick the times. We also do not NEED prizes, but they could be helpful. (Hint to the rich people on this shard who have no idea what to do with their gold).

If we could get EM support or official EA support, that would be great. I have zero connections, getting EM/EA support wouldn’t make or break this nor am I expecting it. Again, if WE want Siege to succeed, it’s obvious that WE have to take action.

Most of these events have been done in some form or another recently on Siege. I only ask that we do them again within a weeks timeframe to help promote our wonderful shard. Hopefully by putting together a weeks long set of activities we can come together to enjoy our shard, promote it, and help spur the interest of those who want to try Siege but have yet to do so.

2. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That was short? :thumbsup:

3. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

I'll be around. Let me know dates and times are solidified. I can do the news thing.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I am in.

5. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

QFT...

6. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Any thoughts on the tavern night? Just a meet and greet? *thinks*

8. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Any other's in besides Kelmo?

Yeah, I say just a normal tavern night. If you have any ideas to spice it up, go for it, I can't think of much. You could do stupid little games for prizes if you wanted, a drinking contest, darts, whatever.

9. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

you know you got me.... now if onlyI couldstop myself from randomly charging into battle.....

10. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

We'll host a fight night where newbies can participate, but maybe set up some special rules that will allow them to use low end tamables/packs/golems, etc.

11. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

gammble! dice yo

12. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I will help out when and where I can, for these events.

13. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Pick up line contest at Kelmo's. Now where to find a loose woman.....