1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Recharging Talismans

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, Dec 13, 2012.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Charges: 0

So I'm wondering--and I'm not sure if you can recharge these ingots summoning talismans--why does it take so many steps to recharge a talisman? You need 70 carpentry, 70 tinkering, 45 inscription, and 100 alchemy. Does anyone recharge talismans? Has anyone found recharging useful?

http://www.uoguide.com/Runed_Switch

I'd like the devs to reconsider the recipe. I just throw these talismans away because it seems pointless to make a runed switch. Maybe like 10 jeweled filigrees per a recharge? Tinkering only?

#1 G.v.P, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. Melcor

Melcor Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

What shard do you play on and what do you consider them to be worth in gold if you were buying?

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

As with too many things in UO, I tried it out once to see how it worked, and then never bothered again... frankly it's simpler, easier and cheaper to find a replacement talisman than mess about recharging one. If they could be 'upgraded' to produce better/rarer ingots, perhaps it would be worth the hassle....

4. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Takes a unique template just to makes theese or a bag of soulstones with skills. Having to log in on three characters to make theese even for the 25k I used to sell them for. To much work for a recharge. Sand stacks so might not be to bad.

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Good question. I mainly play Ches, and I don't actively farm Heartwood quests so my influx of talismans is based mostly on peerless runs. At this point I keep--hoard--certain talismans like Vorpal Bunny Summoning and the like, even though they are fairly useless. Then when I'm bored I'll take a, say, 50 charge Ingots Summoning and hold down a key for a few minutes to get the resources off. In other words, the demand has never been huge for me.

I wanted to see how others felt. Hm. I think, since I find there are too many steps--and keeping 25k in mind--my desire for a recharge would be far less than, say, a powder of fortification. I'm trying to think what would be comparable. A low end repair--tailor, smith, etc.--should go for 50-100 gp usually. I'd like to see the steps needed to recharge decrease while, if needed, keeping the recipe difficult enough to reward those--if any--who sell them. Then it's also a matter of what else is on the talisman. Like if there was a specific slayer talisman with summon bandage, that could be really useful to recharge (if that's possible) for those rare cases in which you lose track of your bandage count, or, more likely, if you die and are unable to get back to your corpse for bandages.