1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Red Dryad Sandals?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Manfred, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Manfred

Manfred Visitor

I was looking up a few of my rares and all the info I can find about Dryad Sandals say they should be a dark reddish brown. This pair has always looked Brownish-greenish to me, in 2d or EC. Here are two views from CC. I am curious about the color, as I wouldn't describe these as any shade of red. Anyone seen a pair? Were they exceptional as well?

Dryad Sandals.jpg white background.jpg

2. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Manfred, mine are almost an identical match to yours. Exceptional tag, color, all of it. Every pair that I have ever encountered were this same color. Were by chance did you see the reference to them being red?

3. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

That is interesting. He's probably referring to the ones I own and are on my site. I hadn't seen any that are greenish. I use CC. Message me when you get a chance please, I would like to meet up and get a hue id check on it, if you are willing. 111891022

-Lady Deca

LoneWolf/Montaj likes this.
  4. Manfred

Manfred Visitor

WootSause, on this rares link http://ultimaonlinerares.com/items/rares/event-items/842/dryad-sandals- was really what I based my question off of. I found one forum discussing them but they didn't have near the details of uorares.
    They(edit:the sandals in the link above) look like horned sandals to me. That link says the hue id is #1509 but I'm pulling #1445 R:88 G:96 B:40 out of pincos. I'm on Pacific if you would like to get your own id of them Lady Deca

#4 Manfred, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  5. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper

Thank you... hopefully we can get someone who might have been there at the event, or got the sandals themselves who might know whether two colors dropped or if one was altered.

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

mine are green, not a hint of red..... long time ago, when dryad sandals were put up for sale, didn't people actually call them that...? "green Dryad sandals"...? seem to remember that distinction tho honestly I don't recall ever seeing "red Dryad sandals" for sale..... very confusing

7. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

8. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper

Ty guys, wootsauce is probably correct. Why anyone would want to dye a rare is beyond me ^-^. I would like to grab a high quality pic from you manfred. If you have icq please message me, or let me knowhow to find you pls.

9. Manfred

Manfred Visitor

I'd be happy to meet up Lady Deca, 126156483 I'm on pac near the city gate of tokuno. Great site btw.

Decadence likes this.