1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Red healers?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've been told they appeared on Siege long before they were introduced on other shards. Can anyone confirm or refute this please?

2. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i always thought they came at the same time for everybody.

3. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wouldn't know about other shards, siege has been my only home. But, i do remember red healers being around since 98.

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

"Red" healers existed on production before Siege was ever released, as a matter of fact, they spawned at UO's release!

5. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, and if I remember correctly, they were only in Buc's den. The wandering red healers "mondain" came much later.

6. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

all i remember is a patch going through that filled ice island with red healers back in the day, cause before the patch there were no red healers on ice island i remember that **** cause i lived as a red on ice island and if i died it meant quite a hike to find a healer alone and get on a boat back to ice.

7. Petra Fyde

sorry, I wasn't precise. It's the priests of mondain I'm interested in. There's a comment on the hunter's guide claiming they spawned on Siege before the production shards. I was under the impression, like Good Guy, that they all arrived at the same time. I need to know if it's right or not (I'm actually editing the hunter's guide)

8. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The Priest of Mondain were created to carry the lootable item: map fragment.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

9. Petra Fyde

no, they were here before that. Hunter's guide has them first seen at Age of Shadows, the map fragment quest is Mondains Legacy content.

I begin to suspect, since some people have mentioned 'red healers' that the person commenting on them on the guide is confusing the original red healers with the priest of mondain we got at Age of Shadows.

10. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I would think so Petra, although it still makes me wonder why they think it was Siege only. The original red healers were there before Siege was even around. I remember them back in the T2A era on Atlantic.