1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Red in factions, bad or good?

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by mazamotuck, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mazamotuck

mazamotuck Visitor

Jan 22, 2009
    I have a red that I think would be the best character that I have for factions. Is it good or bad to have a red in factions? What are the pro and the cons? Thanks!
  2. Nonel

Nonel Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Jul 29, 2008
    Pros: Killing blues that enemy factions plant in your faction, in order to screw with your defenses. Also helps in killing blues aiding the enemy.

Cons: Cross-healing and flagging. Normally Brit has guard zones, making any fighting around TB base very hard for reds.
  3. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T Guest

I put my red into factions, but realised a blue would be better, shard I play on, the zerg guild has half in factions and half not in factions. My red I'd get ganked by both and not go to guards or a city where I could make the numbers a little more even. The blues won't be able to help there faction guildies if you put a blue in ^^
  4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Nonel hit it on the head. If you plan on doing any decent amount of fighting in Brit, I'd go with a blue. Otherwise, red is much more exciting. :p
  5. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    It's bad. Unless you and your entire guild is red. Even then it makes a lot parts of the factions a complete pain in the ass.
  6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    If you like to fight, a red is great. The blues who aren't in faction and the reds not in factions will attack you...and then all of the oranges and reds in factions will attack you.

Where it could be bad...if you enjoy stacking up your kill counts...any of the faction players you kill won't be able to count you...la