1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player News) Red & Purple Santa Event Canceled this year.

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by EvilPixieWorks, Dec 18, 2011.

1. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry gang...

Due to real-life issues along with health, I can't push myself to redecorate the Mini Mall gardens... forget finding all the volunteers needed to run the Santa event. This event is actually fairly difficult considering the logistic side of things. The friend who normally plays ole Father Christmas is on the road and missing from the PM world right now. That was a big part, but more so... what I will not say.

Not even my real house has a string of lights this year. The pixies couldn’t justify opening the boxes containing the gross amounts of decorations that go up from one year to the next, ever growing... like they do in game. Not even a single card came in the post this year. It's kind of messed up.

We are hoping for a real life Christmas miracle this year and it seems the clock is really starting to run thin and so far... no relief has come. I do really enjoy the Christmas events normally hosted, when we do them, at the R&P... but maybe next year.

I was hanging on until this last Friday to see if any news broke, Saturday for the very last word... next Saturday is Christmas Eve, so that’s way too tight. Thus the announcement.

So I hope you enjoy the winterized front garden décor of the old R&P... have a safe and happy Christmas and a Joyous New Year with hope that it's better for all of us.

[​IMG]

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry to hear that. Still hoping everything works out for the best, somehow.

3. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks to Kylie for your well wishes.

I found this pic from 2 years ago of the event and thought I would pop it on... not that mose seam to care. :D

[​IMG]

4. I miss the R&P, it was establishments like this that made Atlantic what it was.

5. Tor Morgrim

Tor Morgrim Guest

Sorry to hear about your holiday troubles. I hope your Christmas takes a turn for the better! And thanks for all your efforts...all year round!

Merry Christmas!

6. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

eats lots of goblin ice creams