1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Redirect on mobile device

Discussion in 'Stratics Help and Suggestions' started by Merus, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

For the last couple days every time I load a forums link here on stratics on my iPhone I get a redirect that opens the App Store. I don't get the redirect on the regular game sections of stratics or from any other websites, just here on the forums.

Anyone else seeing this? Since it is only the forums it makes me think it is not specific to my device.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The I-phone is suggesting an app called "TapTalk" that is used with most forum software for viewing and posting on forums. Just reload the page and you should see the forums normally.

3. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I use Tapatalk for all my forum browsing on my iPhone and iPad and highly recommend it. Much easier to navigate than some of the native forum formats out there that don't have mobile versions.

4. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

It is not the tap talk app. I get the notification for that app once each time my phone resets and decline it. This redirect is taking me to an app for a game called candy crush. It passes through several URL before it closes the browser, but this is the URL that is left before it jumps to the App Store.
    Adtrak.king.com/modules/adTracking/adClicked.jsp?type=ad&st1=hitfox&st2=candycrushsaga&st3=US&st4=&st5=aff_lsr&st6=10238e629b13ba8520fc89957da7f1&link=http://smarturl.it/candycrushsaga

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Strange. I am testing it on an I-phone 5 and not seeing the issue coming up. I wonder if there is a Stratics Ad for the game that you are accidentally hitting when you load the page or something. I am kind of new to the I-phones so not really sure what else to suggest.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Could you be touching an ad?

7. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Definitely not touching the ad. It happens on every page of every forum at stratics. Even if I just hit the page refresh button on this page it jumps to the redirect.

The actual urls it passes through go very quick and it goes through at least 3 of them. I tried grabbing a screenshot but can get it fast enough to get the first URL. The attached is the second hop of the redirect. image.jpg

8. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

9. Taylor

k, one other question: when did it start?

10. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

The first I noticed it was yesterday morning.

11. Taylor

Okay, but not before? I ask because we added a new advertiser on Sunday.

12. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

I don't think I tried to access stratics on the phone over the weekend, so it could have started then and I wouldn't have noticed.

13. Taylor

Okay, thank you.