1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Reds and Factions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_infiniti, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Come on devs, your tweaking factions, this one is a must!

War status needs to override red status, were seeing red when we wanna be seeing orange.
    It makes it very confusing, especially in areas where reds are numerous.

And how about tweaking stat loss also to something like...

1v1 max stat loss
    2v1 half
    3v1 third
    4 or more, no contest so no stat loss

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Red Faction??

If memory serves, that was a fairly decent series.

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

this change is LONG overdue

4. Guest

Guest Guest

how about they make it so you cannot be in a guild without showing a tag?

this would improve a lot of things, because people could no longer attempt to hide their affiliation

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

how about they make it so you cannot be in a guild without showing a tag?

this would improve a lot of things, because people could no longer attempt to hide their affiliation

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh but then I'd have to be nice all the time with my lesser known RPers [​IMG] Phooey!

Back to the OT, opposing faction members should flag clearly whether they're red or blue. If only to protect reds from new faction members who haven't memorized the names of all the reds in their own faction [​IMG] It's that or I'll have to add a line to say "sorry" after each spell macro when I get back into factioning lol.

Wenchy

6. RTLFC

It would be nice to be able to tell when a red character belongs to an opposing faction. But I would still like to know it's a red character. Perhaps keep orange for "blue" opposing faction members and use another color for "red" opposing faction members. Only problem is I can't think of another good color for that. All I could come up with as an unused color was purple and for some reason that just didn't seem right for factions. (Another choice was yellow but I have a bad enough time trying to read stuff in the journal without seeing more stuff in pale colors.)

7. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

OK I have the simple fix. Make it so noone can even attack anyone in their same faction. In fact that should be for faction and all guilds. No point in sparring with guild members anymore. That 1 on 1 duel with a guildie wont help you in the field when you get ganked by 5 people. And thats all there is in pvp anymore is ganking. There are rarely any 1 on 1 kills. Someone is always getting involved.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Good idea. It would be a lot betterif you could keep an eye out strictly for oranges. Other reds would stil show up red so there would be no issue with that...la

9. There has to be something done with reds in factions so you know if there in the opposing faction or not... Guild or no guild if you join factions you should highlight Orange to the opposing faction not just red..

10. color coded "health bar" ... [​IMG]
    red/orange opposing faction murderer
    red/yellow faction ally "elite killer"
    blue/blue non participant "innocent"
    solid red "fair game"
    blue/red/yellow casual "collaborater"(heals/supplies both sides)

gold/orange/red leaderclass of opposing faction (cannibilizes troops as needed)

11. <blockquote><hr>

color coded "health bar" ... [​IMG]
    red/orange opposing faction murderer
    red/yellow faction ally "elite killer"
    blue/blue non participant "innocent"
    solid red "fair game"
    blue/red/yellow casual "collaborater"(heals/supplies both sides)

gold/orange/red leaderclass of opposing faction (cannibilizes troops as needed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great. When you say health bar.
    You do mean when my curser run over them they will highlight these colors an there name tag does the same ?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree and this applies to being in guild also. The only way to tell reds apart during a fight at a spawn is to look at guild tags. This sounds easy enough but with a lot of spells and confusion it gets difficult.

It is an even bigger issue for factions though and should have been changed a long long time ago.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

*nods* I would rather see orange than red on a faction opponent. If they are orange, they could be a killer. That is enough for me.