1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Refining Armor

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Mikeltin5, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

Simple question...I believe I may already have the answer but it's bugging me and I'm not able to check it at the moment.

If I pick a piece of armor...doesn't matter what type...and I put a invulnerable refinement on it and get all 5 slots...what would that look like on a piece of armor? Would each resist say +/- 1% Max or do you have the option to put all 5 slots into 1 resist?

For 1 particular suit I'm building, I'm lowering DCI by 20 and raising physical and fire by 10. What would this look like on a suit?

Can I take a 1 mod refinement and pick physical, then another 1 mod on the same piece and pick fire - kind of a cheap way to get 5 slots on 1 piece? I'm assuming no but I'm asking anyways :)

2. Loriel

Loriel Seasoned Veteran

I think its spread across the resists mate for each piece you refine.

3. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

So if I had 1 piece where all 5 slots hit, it'd be 1 per resist?

If so, it would not be possible to have 10 to fire and 10 to physical, it would be 4 to all 5 resists? Can someone confirm?

4. Loriel

Loriel Seasoned Veteran

yes its 1% per slot

5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

How awesome would it be though to have 95 physical resist?

Loriel likes this.
  6. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

lol I was hoping SO bad that I could pick what resists...or at least have all 5 slots on 1 piece go to 1 resist if I wanted...I mean come on...HOOK A BRUTHA UP! :please:

Loriel likes this.
  7. Loriel

Loriel Seasoned Veteran

agree with you both... an area they could expand fairly easily and effectively and would make for some awesome combos.

8. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I fully support the concept of having costlier tradeoffs... I like the idea of increased costs to become 1 dimensional. Currently you can go 65 65 65 65 65 w/70 DCI, or 75 75 75 75 75 w/20. What if you could also trade 2 of 1 resist for another?

I would have to crunch some numbers, but I suspect that today it would be very smart to make a suit that is 80 80 65 65 75 DCI 20 - in this case I have traded 10 each of poison and cold resist for 5 each of phy and fire, as well as trading DCI for resist.

9. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

Exactly! You may suffer through a select few bosses, but I mean...counter attack would be going off almost constantly, healing the deficiencies the (2) 65's would leave. *sigh* oh well :(