1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Refreshing to see :)

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by jack flash uk, Sep 7, 2009.

1. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

as i trawl around europa i am pleased to see the empty spaces being filled, and filled fast, so it looks like the player base may be increasing!

lets hope

2. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

I owe a big thanks to Jack Flash.

An 18x18 in a lovely spot that I'd had my eye on for 6 months (the previous owner had the sign saying "for sale" but I was unable to contact him) finally went IDOC and collapsed today. I didnt get home from work quick enough and when I got there Jack Flash was just about to place, looking to sell it on to the highest bidder. He asked if I had been going to place and I explained that I'd been hoping for this spot for months.

Without being asked he handed the plot over to me, free of charge.

Thanks Jack ... thats the sort of gesture that restores my faith in this game. The title of your thread is very apt in more way than one ...

Cheers
    Siteswap

3. jack flash uk

You caught me on a good moment!

happens every now and again

thanks for the kind words.

i have just ran around valoria and dagger island, i had marked all the 18x18 spaces and they are filled!!

all this has happened in the last 4 days!!!!!

this is rather exciting!

4. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I just relocated my 18x18 slightly NE of the Minoc stables, its definately a lot harder to find large house spots :)

5. jack flash uk

yip, i forgot about that after idoc, i was going to place there and sell

*dusts off jack estate agent jacket*

i think things are moving along very nicely

i fact VERY quickly!

both tram and fell are filling up!

6. jack flash uk

DRy highlands south of umbra, there are still 18x18 spaces there, so if any returning players need a place to set up this is one location to consider

7. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm noticing steady amounts of youngs around Haven, but what I'm seeing a LOT of is returning players, who've been tempted back to have a look at SA or because the communities in other games are not as good as ours. Over the last year, nearly two now (where the hell did the time go?) since I've had the guild, our community is one of the top reasons for people to come back, tied with the fact that no matter how we grumble about EA, UO is one of the best games to play out there :)

8. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Amount of young players was just crazy in new haven for the last few weeks.They also seem to quickly find a guild that helps them.Hope some will stay.

9. Ferrut

Ferrut Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

10. Largan

Largan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am back in UO again. Only played a total of 16 months since 2002 but still.

I got back a few days ago and all my old shoprunes were outdated. That got me a bit worried but I soon noticed that shops have only moved.

Went back to the spot of my old tower. It was free but luckily I ran around a while and found a spot for a 18x18. Now I got a half built house but more of a carrot to gather some gold so I can decorate, and perhaps first of all, get a floor for the 2nd floor and a roof. ;P

But loving it!

Glad to hear alot of players are returning! Perhaps it's time to find a guild for my warrior and make my way to harder creatures than earth ellies =)

11. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If anyone is new or returning, they're welcome to join us (Saor), either permenantly or until they get back on their feet. We cater specifically to new and returning players, and can help with templates, kit, etc etc. I warn you now tho, they're all mad!

12. Me and Myst are back after a 2 year holiday in Vanguard *waves*

Found myself a nice large tower spot south of trinny by the sea and Myst an 18x18 southeast of luna.

Feels great to be back in a community where everyone isn't tearing each others eyes out.

Odd really, pure coincidence, we left after KR beta as we didn't like the client and understood 2d would no longer be supported, and now KR is scrapped and the SA client seems way cooler so far. Guess that's what is known as perfect timing :)

13. yorky

yorky Guest

Its people like yourself that make our shard as great as it is, since I've returned I had to start a new account and it's harsher than I remembered but a very kind player gave me a check for 1 mil gold, its been spent now lol but its helped immensely to get a house placed.

Cailleach also, thanks again for those bugs, they are incredibly helpful :)

14. cheerful

cheerful Guest

Haven't got anything to say really but i looked at the 'Europa crash' thread and thought that this was a much happier place to be, so...

WELCOME BACK :thumbup:

15. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Yes and think of all the new and returning players also looking at the 'Europa crashed' thread and wondering why the hell they bothered.

EA appear to have somehow managed to produce yet another Public Relations disaster. Are they 'Paragons of Incompetence' or just 'Masters of Customer Disservice?.

Europa goes down and some 5/6 hours later someone actually realises and acknowledges same - some 5/6 hours after that and all Europa is still waiting for access to what we have paid for,

As you might have guessed I am not a happy bunny.

16. Soulstomp

Soulstomp Guest

Sorry for that , wasnt realy paying attention to the europa server, watching LOTR all episodes , *tugs in another donut* be with you soon,,,,

17. Tak

Tak Guest

Tried to find a parking place for my ship at SA Island.
    Ships everywhere on the beach, like theres a huge beach party going (mh...GM's..Beach Party? lol). Nice.

18. Nikita0143

Nikita0143 Guest

Cailleach!

I told you... we're not crazy the rest of the world is!

19. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hehe, no worries hun :)

20. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni