1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

relic formula question

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by frostbolt, Mar 8, 2010.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

ok so i read the formula is

(intensity*1.2+20+30)*0.7=451%

only at *0.7 if its imbued
    +20 forge +30 garg ( or was it the other way around w/e)

anyway so does this mean that in order to get a relic fragment without imbuing it first i need to find an item with a base of 335 intensity unweighted and then enhance it with valorite or frostwood?

so i would have
    355 *1.2+50 =451
    for relic fragment

also now this is where my other post about weighted and unweighted intensities come in.. which hasnt been answered yet.

how do unweighted/weighted intensities mess with the (355) required intensity before enhancing when unraveling for relic fragments

2. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

mm ok so i think my question about weighted properties has been answered but

as far as enhancing goes

does the x1.2 only apply because it adds a sixth mod?

like from the damage split that counts as one mod right?

so i cant just craft the item from valorite to begin with

still need a confirmation on formula though

i also heard damage increase from exceptional crafted items doesnt count..whats that about?
    does this mean that DI, and resist mods dont count in the intensity calculations? what does he mean when he says "only by it"

and i need around 497 intensities to get a relic from an imbued item right?

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not sure if you have enhanced client but if you do i would suggest the property highlighting mod it does all these calculations for you! with that said i will attempt to clarify things
    if di is a result of crafting a exceptional item or from lore then it does not count
    if a item has low durability (less than 50) then there is a 2% penalty per point below 50!
    resists are counted if they are increased by some means like imbuing if the item is just a regular leather gloves there is no bonus but if you imbued the resists up then there would be!
    Hope that helps!

for a gargoyle at queens forge you need 401 to get relic frag!
    for a human you need 431 (or was it 21 i forget)I think its 431

4. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

would DI count if i increase the value through imbuing though?

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

yes but then the item would suffer the .7 imbuing penalty

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

if you are trying to manufacture relics from scratch I will tell you now its almost impossible ! and if you do figure out a way I would not tell anyone! or even post about it ! they do not want us making them for cheap!
    enhancing loot is the way to go in my opinion! and my gargoyle generaly keeps things around 335 to enhance like you stated in your other post!

7. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

oh, also where can in the thread it keeps mentioning some kinda calculation posted by chrome somewhere. can someone link me the thread where the thing is posted?

also does DI as a mod spawned on loot dropped by monsters count? if it doesnt count on exceptional crafted items

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

here is a link to the post that contains chromes info
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1634828#post1634828

you may need to scroll down a ways and make sure you read to the end it notes the changes from .8 to .7!
    its in the EC forum