1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Relics from "normal loot"?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Victoria Navarre, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Is it possible at all to receive relics from unraveling non-artifact/non-enhanced items looted from the higher end mobs such as balrons and lich lords?

2. Korhov

Korhov Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it is possible, but quite rare.
    Try named monsters like Miasma.

3. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes; the item has to have at least 343 intensity if it's a shield, 417 or more if not a shield ... from my findings so far. However, the way unraveling works seems hit or miss, and you end up getting essence a lot more often. Just do some peerless and bag everything, unravel the bag. It's like winning the lottery. Or you can cheat and craft w/ the right runic hammer then unravel the results, heh.

4. A runic?People have gotten bods that actually give those as rewards?? I quit filling and handing in bods after the first month the idea was released to us. I could only stand to bank so many sturdy shovels and that ugly green "reward" cloth.

5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Ummm ... yes .... but you might better look at the crafters forum if you want more details about. Not to mention, that todays money maker for bod-smiths seems to be POF and not runic crafting for relic fragments.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

From what I remember from the loot tables released a couple of years back, it is definitely possible. You just need mobs that have a chance to drop 5-property loot. Even blood elementals will work. Luck suits will help tremendously.

Lookout for those with properties like slayers, spell channelling, fast cast, nightsight, mage armour etc. These are automatically 100% intensity mods.

Shields are good bets as they have less properties to select from.

7. I've got two relics from miasma loot, and maybe one or two more from enhancing loot (with gold) from miasma. That's from many hours of loot collecting to unravel for MR and EE to use for imbuing.

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If your fast at killing Swoop on a luck tamer....................BOS the gold away at the first over load and loot at a glance anything with a mod with no %. Get to over load again and do hand off of bag to Imbuer. I find 2 out of 3 runs have at least on relic. Do this with a CU and pack horse then there are feathers, chance for Marty and armor set parts. Even the parrot spawns less theese days.

My other power house is the named undead on my 4x120 firehorn bard with sword and chiv. Pack horse parked outside with healers. Take the gold next door to the mage/necro shop and roll up the count on regs and blank scrolls. Also next door the bank to keep the packy just hauling unravel loot. Same chance for ML Marty and armor set parts.
    Doing this regularly for a while you can get a following that will how up for a fast grizzled once you have the notes. With the quick sale of a grizzled mare for 3-4 mil .................. just find one the many hacks that have load of relics and sell them around 30-40k each. Me.... something so hard to get and priced so low for what it does just means dishonest practices and I never buy.

And last but not least Miasma. With the coming of the new Tmap upgrade is there really any other critter to camp right now?

And if there wasn't so much scripting for CBR mining and relics from runic/mining abuse. There would be more plp taking advantage of the war now for CBR and relic rewards. Of all the cries for policing the game of abuses this is one of UO major failings. The is less player community or gathering in hot spots to get players to want to play UO. Besides the cheating nothing big with a huge reward should be soloed.

Back on track to the OP "Yes"

9. yars

yars Lore Keeper

my claim to fame is the sentinel spider outside navery, 2400 gold/occaisional gold token/and always at least one frag worthy item to unravel

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just did swoop with my luck tamer/mage mare and bane dragon 1450 luck and pulled 2 items that will unravel into relics pulled 7 items i can enhance into relic frags and one assasins suit piece this was in about 30 min or so

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

this is also a very good one but seems like their are always people their

12. [JD]

[JD] Guest

my understanding is that if you are garg at 120 imbuing and access to queens forge you need items 401+ in intensity to unravel to frags.

i was not aware shields could be unravelled at such a low intensity (343) to frags. if so i have probably given up many shields which could be frags. could anyone confirm?

13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

401 is correct for a gargoyle as to the shields it is lower but not sure the exact#

14. [JD]

[JD] Guest

i'm going to start saving shields then.

does your imbuing skill level have any effect on your chance to produce relics? Is someone at 95.1 (minimum skill to try) and 120 have even chances so long as the item is 401+, they are garg, at the queens forge?