1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Remeber when 8th age hit the shelf

Discussion in 'UHall' started by IMTHEWHITERABBIT, Sep 1, 2009.

1. I remeber when the 8th age box hit the stores. I had reserved 2 copys but when it showed up and looked at the package i bout 4 more boxes. On the front it had a sunburst in the lower corner with the words " $70 value" and on the back of the box it had the following:

A massive online game Commuinty-meet and make friends all over the world as you adventure through UO

Helpful bonus materials- get an altas of sosaria and a uo play guide bursting with tips from uo vets.

a $70 value- comes with a free advance char token, one free shard transfer, and a free 6th char slot

Choose one of eight valuable gifts- celebrate uo's 8th anniversary by selecting one of eight rare and valuable in-game gifts

Ok thats all it took and I was hooked. Its all about FREE FREE FREE. Hope something good comes with SA

2. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I remember it well!

I ordered a couple mail order and then ran to local game store day of the release for a couple more :)

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles* I bought the whole town out when the edition with the "free" soulstone hit the shelves.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Now you even have to pay an extra $10 just for 30 days game time.. I doubt that "special" offer will lure any new players.

5. John Merchant

John Merchant Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I bet you were pumped when EA went back on their word and made Soulstones available again and again... taking away the esclusivity of purchasing the 8th Age as an early settler... being that they said soulstones would never be available again.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

No. I was not upset in the least. I still have mine. Now others can get theirs!

7. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

When the hell did they say they'd never be available again?

8. Deb

Deb Guest

I remember that day and the day 9th Anniversary hit the shelf...hell
    I remember when UO hit the shelf "sighs".

9. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Me too Deb...played since beta :)

10. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I remember well when that big Treasure Chest first opened...Noah was still building his boat across the street as I recall

11. The 8th Age box is what brought me back to UO after a 5-year absence.

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I remember buying up 8 copies of the 8th age.... I loved it!....

I remember as well when third dawn came out.... Had to go over 100 miles to get a copy.

But I still have it.... and the box, and the help guide it had... still have all my maps... still have my two Prima strategy guides.... which I still use from time to time.

13. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I remember pre-ordering 8th age from a store. Now that store does not carry PC games. There used to be stores that only sold PC games.

I also have the first UO box, Second age box, Samuri Empire box, and I found an unopened gold edition!

I hope I can get an advanced charater token from it.

Thanks for getting me to look!

14. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I saw the 8th Age box on the store shelves and I said to myself, this is the year I finally buy this. All the goodies listed on the back made me go for my wallet.

15. I think I bought 6 of the 8th Age and 6 of the 9th Anniversary as well. I still have my 2nd Age box and a sealed Gold as well!

16. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

Ive bought over 10 of them. I'll buy one SA.

17. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I still have 2 copies of 8AE on the shelf. :D

[​IMG]

18. Fink

Fink Guest

I saw a guy the other day named Avatar, in full Virtue armour, Holy Sword and Dupre's Shield. I'll say now to you what I said to that guy: You win UO!

19. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

yes yes, 8th age was a great pack. as for SA and freebies, i believe they said itll have like 4 character race tokens that allow you to make a char into a garg, a gargoyle pet too i think. it was all listed on a herald post, ima dig that info up and repost.
    i remember buying every copy of UO gold for 10 bucks each at wallyworld, used all the free trials and collected all the hair restyle coupons from the young chars hehe.

20. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

21. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

Nice Tankard!

22. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

I do recall EA saying that it would be a one off and never available again. But it proved popular so they went back on their word and it caused a bit of a furore at the time. Not the first time theyve went back on their word mind you ... they also said powerscrolls would NEVER be required to accomplish something in-game ... GM would be sufficient. They went back on that too.

23. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Me too, WooHOO!

I had to get a 2nd account so my lovely wife could play, then you know more accts.

24. pacific lily

pacific lily Guest

If I remember correctly, and I may not because i am sort of old... there was a little issue with some people not getting the soulstone code and other people getting a bunch of soulstone codes because people working at the stores that did pre-orders for the game misunderstood how the soulstone codes were to be distributed. The remedy, and a fair one IMO, was to make them available again later.

Lily