1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

rememerance

Discussion in 'UHall' started by whiterabbit, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

A GATHERING OF REMERANCE FOR 9/11 WILL BE HELD AT 730PM EST
    ON CHESSY TRAM
    SPIRT SHRINE ALL INVITED

#1 whiterabbit, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

sad . but common.

3. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Well since your still going with this theme it gives me a chance to comment. This is a little better than your shrine idea anyway. UO is the place I go to escape all this sorta thing. We have plenty of more constructive outlets in the real world for this kinda thing. We'll be bombarded with 911 in real life, at least I'm pretty sure we will. While I do appreciate what your up to in a way, in game I don't want to see Republican/Democratic Headquarters, Breast/Ovarian cancer centers, memorials for real life events, etc. When you think of all the horrible things that happen world wide there wouldn't be a free square spot of land anywhere for all the memorials. Let's keep real life in real life. Let's keep UO a place to slay dragons. While I'm at it, we have another round of politics coming around. I hope you stand with me in boycotting any vendors that endorse any party. Tired of the nonsense where someone with an insulting vendor name thinks they are swaying a vote. /rant end

4. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

While i can understand the escaping reality stance, i can appreciate and be thankful for folk like whiterabbit who are driven by their love, respect, and gratitude enough to allow this little bit of the real world into their roleplay. I realize that terrible things happen on what seems to be an hourly basis, however that should never ever be a reason not to remember those who put thier lives on the linetrying to save others. If there were more people like that the world might be a bit better place to live. With that said, if the fridge gods allow, ill be there

5. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

FYI honoring the fallen should never be considered a "political thing." It should be considered the right thing.

6. Capt. Lucky

Well naturally there's going to be various opinions and I welcome that. But just to play Devil's advocate... I'm sure there are people in this world that see Bin Laden as a hero. How would you feel about his celebration and memorial in game? Very possibly not as far fetched as you might think. That's the door you open with this... just sayin'! One is as valid as the other depending on your views.

7. whiterabbit

Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

I RESPECT ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS. BUT 9/11 WAS A BAD DAY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD
    TO FORGET IT IS LIKE SAYIN THE HOLOCOST NEVER HAPPENED.

I AM DONE WIF THIS THREAD. DO AS YOU ALL WISH. WHY WE LIVE INA FREE SOCITY

8. Capt. Lucky

Making friends where ever I go ;)

9. whiterabbit

LAUFS

10. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Then don't go. . . UO is whatever a player wants it to be and if the Goblns want this in their UO then they can. If you don't want it in your UO then again, don't go

/End Common Sense

11. Capt. Lucky

I would think common sense would be to actually do something in the real world that might actually make a difference. Games are created to escape reality for a few minutes. A refuge from wars, politics, robots taking our jobs, and all the rest. A person is gonna do what they have to do. But it doesn't mean I can't express my opinion does it? Perhaps I wasted 6 years in the military. I kinda thought I was doing that then so I could do what I'm doing now. Helping to insure I would be allowed to express my opinion some day. There's a time and place for everything, and IMHO I don't feel in game is the proper place for any real world event. A player dies, well... that's a fine line. I can see it, but that's about it. Again, IMHO. BTW, When the Bin Laden memorial goes up, don't come crying to me ;)

Lord Gareth likes this.
  12. whiterabbit

• don't want a memorial just a gathering of peooles who wnt to make sure this event is remembered
    nothing to do with broadsword
    lets just drop this whole thing, was an idea. CHESSY WILL HAVE ALL INVITED

Flutter likes this.
  13. whiterabbit

I WILL NOT FORGET
    I DONT REALLY GIVE A FLYING RATS ASS WOT YOU DO :p

Flutter likes this.
  14. Capt. Lucky

Sorry I keep bumping your thread. ;) I don't think your a bad guy or anything. I just have a different opinion on these things. Not many ever listen to me anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it much :p

whiterabbit likes this.
  15. whiterabbit

I AM DONE POSTING
    AND YOUR ALLOWED TO POST YOUR OPINON WHY?
    CAUSE OF USA

16. Capt. Lucky

We'll call it a draw ;)

17. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

We do this yearly on Chesapeake, and I will definitely be there. Love you, Ozog. :grouphug:

18. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Yes you have a right to be a troll, thank you for defending our right to troll :) and now I'm trolling you so you should troll me back
    :mylittlepony: <--- Thats suppose tobe a Troll

19. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Don't worry, the US government is working hard to take that away too.

20. Lexfixr

Lexfixr Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder why!!!!!!

21. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

better slow your roll there cupcake.
    USA isnt the only country that has paid a high price on the alter of freedom.

extract your head from your posterior and have a look around at the world before you open your mouth and prove how stupid everyone thinks you are.

22. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I like the idea. Those who don't are not forced to go and are welcome to keep escaping in their own locations and completely forget what other people are wanting to do. You know, the same exact thing they've been doing for years without feeling the need to complain and dump on the interests of other people...

Captn Norrington likes this.
  23. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

actually every year people complain about it in here because it has nothing to do with UO.
    likes its been posted already today and last year and the year before and the year before that.
    people come here to get away from the real world and have fun in this fantasy world.
    dont kill the fantasy world Viper, let your fun out!

24. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

True. But if someone wants to do one little thing like this for those interested, let them. There is no need to dump on those interests. Everyone else not interested are still free to go about their fantasy world uninterrupted :)

Captn Norrington likes this.
  25. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Let's call a halt to this discussion, hmm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.