1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove crafter's name?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by imationx, Aug 19, 2009.

1. imationx

imationx Guest

Hi, im a new player, join a month ago. Just want to know if it's possible to remove a crafter's name from an armor. :confused:
  2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    No, But you can craft armor without it to add the crafters name to it.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

It can be removed - but will take a GM to do it... and then... there must be a reason to do it.

I had one removed a while back because the crafter's name was an "illegal name" (Basically a website address was his name).
  4. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 27, 2008
    it would be truely insulting to have a crafter's name removed from a masterpiece.
  5. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 9, 2008
    I am not sure I agree with the statement. It depends on the person's name. Some people use websites or business address type names...which is bogus to me. Other people have almost derogatory type names.

Some people do have sarcastic ones though that crack me up.
  6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Nenime's response was humerous - too bad it was deleted.

Then again, the idea of a piece of armor with the crafter tag being a character from "Spaceballs" fits my sense of humor.
  7. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Sorry Basara, but I thought it could be against Stratics' and UO's policy to post a player's name in that context. I didn't want to cause trouble.

But when it comes to player names, there are much worse than that - at least on Drachenfels. I don't have a problem at all with that (as long as they are not too rude), some are really funny but I remember in other MMORGs i.e. Lotro they are very restrictive about that.
  8. Gladius

Gladius Guest

I have seen good pieces by certain Crafters from shard to shard. If you want to retain the item because it works for you and simply don't need to show the Crafter's name then doing so could be some sort of injustice would it?

Might as well leave it be JOHO.

9. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    I once owned an account with a smith named Big Boned Bertha. I didn't let her mark her items. Some people just have horrible taste in naming characters.