1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Remove item property?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Kelleron, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Kelleron

Kelleron Guest

Does anyone know what to use to remove an item property? I can't remember and I've tried search for it without any luck.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Originally in the very early phases of imbuing (if I remember correctly) you were going to be able to completely remove mods from items, but honestly, that would have been too powerful.

4. Kelleron

Kelleron Guest

5. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

6. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

It is possible to swap certain properties. I am not 100% sure about the following, but I think there are two options:

• If your weapon has a slayer property, then you can imbue a new slayer property. The former slayer type will vanish.
    • IIRC Hit (Area) Damage types are mutually exclusive, too. So if you imbue Hit Harm, then your former Hit Lightning will vanish. Same is true for Area Damage: Hit Fire Are Damage will delete your previous Hit Poison Area Damage.
    Note: formerly I was believing there is a maximum of 20 imbues on items. With the help of Basara, I stand corrected.

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you can swap some skills to, if they're in the same group.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No, you can do more 20 imbues, it's only the chance to gain skill that diminishes after 20 successes.

And note, for the neophyte imbuer, that Self Repair goes away on imbuing, so if something has 5 properties (one of which is self repair), you effectively replace the self repair with the new property.