1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Remove petball totaly?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Guest, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

How about removing pet balls totally and instead let herding have same function?

50 herding = 1 command every 90 sec
    80 herding = 1 command every 60 sec
    90 herding = 1 command every 30 sec
    Gm herding = 1 command every 10 sec

2. frodofeet

frodofeet Guest

Well I know I wouldn't miss 'em.

And I do agree herding needs something done to it... how about using it for extra stable slots that we all want?

10 herding = 1 slot
    20 herding = 2 slots
    etc
    GM herding = 10 slots

[​IMG]

3. I'd rather herding give defensive bonuses with use of packs. I don't think it makes sense for it to in any way summon a creature either.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Since the intended purpose of the Pet Balls was to help players get stuck pets, I don't really think it's fair to make it only available to those with the template space for another skill. Crafters should also be able to access their packies/beetles should they become stuck, or inaccessible. I think Herding definately needs a rework, no doubt, but I think it shouldn't replace Pet Balls.

Maybe for those that use the Pet Balls as a "weapon", the Herding skill could be reworked to lessen the Reuse timer, should that be implemented. Or give a chance to stay hidden, etc.

I know I want more stable slots, too! But same with above, I think this should be equally accessible to all types of characters, without having to add another skill to the mix, especially since I don't see how more stable space would cause any imbalances.

Good thinking of the Herding skill, though...I would like to see it become useful in the future! And of course, this is just my opinions, others may think this is the best option, so thanks for sharing your idea. =)

5. I'd rather see Herding serve more of a unique function, but I agree that petballs should be changed. Have it so petballs only work when the pet is NOT stabled. I do think Herding would make a lot of sense if it worked with pack animals, but I'd have to wonder just how powerful that would make packs if it were a form of statistical boost.

6. No.. don't remove pet balls.... and to complain about them seems pedantic. Improvement of tactics and skills will counteract the perceived violation of "the rules" on petballs.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM