1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Remove Trap training

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Irulia Darkaith, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Okay, I did a google search and searched this forum but couldn't find a whole lot of information.

My thief is at 75.0 remove trap and I'm no longer getting any kind of gains (even ggs) from the chests in Shame.

I have a tinker with 100 tinkering, but the boxes he makes are too hard to remove the trap and I fail constantly.

The guide I found said that for remove trap skill 80-100 I can use GM trapped boxes, so it would seem I just need to get over the 5.0 skill hump and I'd rather not make another tinker just for that. And no, I don't want to buy 5.0 worth of scrolls...I'm cheap that way. So, is there something I'm missing? Try a different dungeon?

2. Katrena

Katrena Sage

Hi,

Stratics says, "Wearing gloves will make it harder to succeed. The heavier the gloves, the worse it is." I have never tried this, but if you have a Crystal Ball of Knowledge, you could give this method a try on the current chests you are training on. The skill level of the Tinker should be 20 points ahead of your Remove Trap skill, so yes; you need to somehow get over the 5.0 skill hump. Different dungeons have varying levels of chests, so again, if you have a Crystal Ball of Knowledge, go around and test the chests. The deepest levels of the dungeons will be your best chance of finding the chests for your skill level. Be aware though, that most chests in dungeons are easy.

This link will give you an idea on where to find the hardest chests for Lockpicking, which may work for your Remove Trap Training.

http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/lockpicking/dungeon-chests

Katrena

#2 Katrena, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  3. Irulia Darkaith

Thanks, I always forget about those crystal balls...but my gargoyle can't wear gloves so, can't really try that method unless I soulstone it over to someone else.

#3 Irulia Darkaith, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  4. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I GM'd it a LONG time ago, but from what I remember - you'd best use that soulstone...
    But while I'm thinking about it, why not use Telekinesis?

#4 startle, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. Irulia Darkaith

Awhile back I decided to make a thief template with all the traditional thief stats. So I am at GM Tracking, Stealing, Hide, Detect, Lockpick etc...so for fun I decided to work up Remove Trap to GM level. Thankfully I was able to find some reasonably priced Remove Trap pinks so I'm past that hump. Once this character is done I'll get back to making my GM Beggar, Camper, Taste ID, etc character.

6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ok, makes complete sense to me... Enjoy... ;)
    Oh, and GM Begger - you are patient, aren't you...

#6 startle, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

top of the faction forum has a up to date training guide for remove trap.

ive done it on every North American shard and it works good.