1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Remove Trap

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Skelf, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Skelf

Skelf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am in the process of rebuilding Remove Trap having accidentally deleted it in a Soul Stone shuffle some years ago...(

At 46ish and not getting the gains I expected off traps set by a 30 skill Tinker.

My question is: Are RT skill gains dependent on the degree of *challenge* involved..ie skill level of the trap setter or just down to repetition?

Thanks in advance for any answers..;p

2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It depends on challenge. The best way to get knew is to use a Crystal Ball of Knowledge.

P.S. When I trained lockpicking I used 3 boxes:
    - a box crafted by my 'trap-box-maker' (30.1 carpentry/tinkering)
    - a box crafted by my main crafter while he was discorded by a Satyr (~ 70 carpentry/tinkering)
    - a box crafted by my main crafter (100 carpentry/tinkering)

3. Cephas [V]

Cephas [V] Journeyman

As someone who has trained this skill without player-trapped boxes, I can say that it's quite possible to do. I primarily used the chests and crates in the Vesper bank, and used strong boxes in various NPC shops to gauge my progress. Just don't forget that Remove Trap skill required to disarm a trap is comparable to Detecting Hidden skill required to detect said trap. That, and armourers always have the most difficult traps to disable.

To directly answer your question: yes. Just don't use treasure or paragon chests as gauges.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

there are a number of chests in the training tower by Brit bank. I used those to train on too.