1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Remove Traps

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Ledgendary Toker, Nov 28, 2007.

1. I'm trying to work up a trap remover but not having any luck really. I have tryed the vesper bank gig and after 3 or 4 days no gains not even 1 gain. So I moved to yew crypts still same thing. So I tryed the 100 traped boxes sat at luna and still same thing. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? I would buy advanced charcter if they offered it with remove trap but they dont and I'm pulling my hair out and ready to just say to "H" with it and try one of those 3rd party progs. But after almost 9 years (2 months 2 go ) I have never had to resort to cheating and dammit I'd hate to have to just to build this skill. So from 1 honest player to another please help me before the darkside pulls me in.I'm at 76.2 skill now and all done by hand over around a 3 year time.

2. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had the same problem awhile back. Put on a pair of bone or studded gloves and hit vesper again [​IMG]

3. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok. Disregard my previous post. I just spent 3 hours useing platemail gloves(not mage) and didn't gain a single point. Im at 76.5, Last i read the heavy the gloves the harder it is to disarm a trap. I should have died multiple times using plate gloves in those 3 hours. I succeeded every attempt with no deaths. So atm I'm at a loss to how to raise this. Aside from the gsg which means we could get gm by what? 2009?

4. Calvin

Calvin Guest

Try harder chests. Get a GM tinker to trap some, etc. If it's a level 1 chest, you won't gain, no matter how many times you disarm it. The fact that you are never failing means you are probably using too low of a chest.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

If your on Cats I could make you some GM Tinker trapped boxes. Which shard are you on? I may also have a tinker on ATL but I would have to check.