1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Remove Treasures of Tokuno from the Town Cryers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Aug 29, 2009.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

UO Team:

Please remove Treasures of Tokuno from the Town Cryers. I know you're busy but it's making you look bad.

-Galen's player

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

i brought it up a while ago. fell on deaf ears. stratics staff feel this kind of post is bossy and we should be more deferential towards the ea staff. just a heads up they might be right.

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It does make them look bad, however. There were brand new players asking about it. When I told them the Treasures of Tokuno were over and that the message hadn't been removed, the new players asked, "Why would they leave it up?" I had no good answer to give them.

4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

*Rabble Rabble Rabble TIRADE!!*
    That good enough? :)

@Galen: Yea, they're always 5 years late to change the town crier messages

5. Makes Sherry the Mouse real handy, huh?

6. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Some of the latestest news: Lord Blackthorne has died!
    :danceb:

7. Fink

Fink Guest

He hasn't died, he's just been smelted. :(

8. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've never been able to figure out why the town crier messages aren't coded into the turning on and off of the actual event. Would solve alot of issues with events being announced 3days after it starts and continuing to be announced weeks after ending.

9. Fink

Fink Guest

Seems as if that's something that should go into the publishes that come with the events.

10. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Remember when game masters could change town criers? I remember back in 2001, a friend of mine told a game master that he liked killing rats. Within 20 minutes, all the town criers were announcing a rat invasion and hundreds of rats were running through all the major cities.

I wish EMs had similar authority to alter town crier messages.