1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Renaming of runes - That name is inappropriate

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Laurel, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

While I was trying to mark some runes and when renaming them I was getting the name is inappropriate. You can't name anything with pass or passage, I couldn't name the rune for the assassin's guild or the counselor's guild or even Compassion shrine. If the names are so inappropriate that we cannot put them on a rune, then I guess they should be changed in game. The filter is getting ridiculous. Is there anyway around this at all? I know that it wasn't this way last year, because I marked some in 2010 and was able to name then just fine. I would really hate to have to figure out new names for these places so people know what they are.

If you know of anyway to name them properly please post or ICQ me 120655358

Thank you

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Pasage is the closest I can come up with that still makes sense.

3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

i have some named Compassion, so they're now a Rare?
    a case of do as I say, not as I do? is ok, i'll be rich

4. DenAlton036

DenAlton036 Guest

Its all good as long as I can still call you a dumb a$$ in general chat.

And speaking of runes I get tired of someone who constantly marks over the runes I drop.

5. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

or maybe the ones already marked with the inappropriate name could now get you a Ban? Maybe a GM page is necessary

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Here's the solution, from a GM:
    "If the named has been changed to be inappropriate, we are not able to change the name.
    If you are getting the message that it is inappropriate, you will need to change it to something else.

If you would like the name to be reviewed to be available in the future, I would advise that you submit feedback via the Herald for our developers in regards to this matter."

Quick service too!

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I PMed Cal about this earlier this year. He said he'd have the intern look into it after they started (which was sometime last summer).

Shocking that it didn't happen.

Just.

Shocking.

:wall:

8. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ok that is just plain dumb (for a teen rated game especially). So you cant use any work with the word 'ass' in it? Thats bloody stupid as the english term for 'Ass' is a donkey. Mind you I cant put where I live on Xbox Live as its a 'banned' word.. its got SEX in it.. Essex... I ask you, some people need to get a grip on reality.

9. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've never run into this amazingly stupid issue... but it doesnt shock me.

There is a “group” that haunts Atlantic, dropping books all over the place that people constantly deface with extremely vulgar words. That’s allowed... but you can't name a rune something “passage”?

The really funny thing to this whole outdated name filter system is that the most foul-mouthed little brats in our game are the youngest. The ones who this archaic system was designed around.

10. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It seems to not be an issue only with runes. Pet naming seems to not make much sense either...
    This week I tried to name a greater dragon after star names.
    It didn't allow Canis Majoris, Cephei A, Mu Cephei, KW Sagittarii among others.

I simply can't understand why those names were vetoed.

11. Lady Laurel

OMG it just keeps getting worse. I don't understand the other "inappropriate" names, but now I find the word "Frozen" is listed as inappropriate. That is just ridiculous. You can enter Froze, but not Frozen. So I guess that the "Frozen Mountains" are now going to be the Froze Mountains. GRRR

12. Lady Laurel

I am coming across even more weird ones:

Basement (Can someone tell me why in the world basement would be inappropriate? Does it have a different meaning in another language?)

Crumbling Mountains (Actually any word that starts with the letter M after the word crumbling, though you can use Crumbling just fine, and crumbling with other words)

Add to the list:

Cocoon

13. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

cannot use companion or titan now either, all I can say is wow!

14. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

baSEMENt - It has semen in it. They don't check to see if chars are before/after the offending word- they just run a bunch of instr() functions. If they don't do that though you could do things like SemenAss and it would fly. So that is why things like assasin don't make it.

15. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Quit dropping runes and I'll quit marking over them.

16. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Which is also the explanation for Crumbling Mountain. a G followed by an M (skips the space between).