1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Renowned / Loyalty... what a pain in the acid elemental

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Prince Caspian, Sep 15, 2009.

1. So I'm lurking around the Abyss last night and find a nifty little nook by the Slasher where a bunch of acidic creeps are hangin' out. So I start smashin' em...

And then I notice the Spawn rate seems to be on some kind of very rudimentary ladder -- the acid slugs turn into acid ellies, and then eventually into grizzles. But I also notice that the respawn is the pits... after a while, the monsters are not respawning very well.

Then I see an "Acid Elemental [Reknowned]" and see he has more hitpoints than Pike's Peak. Oh boy, says I, here's an equivalent to Paragons, which are sure to drop rares of some kind...

Well, they don't even drop increased loot, it seems, much less anything special. Alliance Chat tells me the Reknowned monsters simply give you a boost to your Loyalty Rating.

So my question is simply this -- does Loyalty matter if I don't plan to go to the garg city or use the forge? On a broader scope, does Loyalty do me any good anywhere?

Also, if there's a writeup or post about the Reknowns, a link would be most welcome.

Thanks!

2. Loyalty seems to cap @ 15k have not personally found any other use for it.

3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Renowned Monsters can also drop some kind of arti...I think..

4. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I would like to know how crafters are going to gain 10,000 loyalty points in order to use the Queen's soul forge... anyone find any ideas for this?

5. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Everything gives you a boost to your loyalty rating. And I think the renowns are still a mystery.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Toxic sliths. You can kill them with ee's easy, they give 30 loyalty each, and spawn in giant clusters. You could do it in a day easily.

7. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is what's on the Publish 60 Notes pertaining to Loyalty:

So Loyalty does have an impact. As to whether or not a player decides to pursue Loyalty is, of course, up to them. :thumbsup:

8. LOL. So you can literally set up a Vacation House down in the Stygian Abyss. Only in Ultima Online. Maybe the devs should have examined the Ultima history a bit more and saw being in the Abyss was a BAD thing.

But then, you couldn't leave, either.

"You know, it's not that bad..." -- Wesley, initial reaction to entering the Fire Swamp

Thanks for the info Xel... clears some things up. But it seems to me, who already has a house (and not looking to place another) and has no real plans to do an Imbuing character, it doesnt affect me in the least....

Can we transfer loyalty? Does "I honor thee" do so?

9. Yalp

Yalp Guest

My artificer has no fighting skills. So taking on any monster is out of the question. The few non fighting quests I've done, the rewards were 10-20 loyalty points.. that is gonna be very very difficult for a crafter to do....

... of course without the use of soul stones!

10. Lord Patapon

Lord Patapon Guest

Can anyone confirm that ?
    I've been killing those for fun, but all I can grab out of it is Imbuing ingredients on the spawn... nothing on Renowned themselves.

11. Vre13

Vre13 Guest

Killed a lot of Renowned monster with my necro archer - from goblins and ratmens to acid elementals and skeletal liches. Its pure time and arrows wasting. Any special loot... I would say - any better loot compare to regular Abyss monsters. I hope EA will make some correction in this point.

12. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I found a 'Full Jar' on a renowned creature but its the ratmen that suck! I was at the Cavern of Discarded today and theres 3 renowned ratmen and I won't even bother with them because I got 60gp on one!

[​IMG]

13. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

Museum and Huntsman quests in the Royal City.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you've already looked into them. Pardon me.

14. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm not quite sure I see a difference, though, it might be a slightly different color... but I did yesterday manage to loot a "Delicate Scales" from a renowned Ratman... almost didn't bother with it, but something made me single-click it, and voila, it was something different.

[​IMG]

15. guum

guum Guest

It's an imbuing ingredient...they don't seem to drop with any consistency, but you'll need 'em in bulk. :(

16. jradar71

jradar71 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

For those of you crafters that are wanting to get Loyalty here is a suggestion.

Currently... soulstones are broken! There is no time restriction on them. If you have a mage character use this to your advantage.

I transferred over Magery / Meditation. Farmed toxic sliths for about 3 hours and was done. Then transferred the skills back to the proper characters.

I realize this isn't exactly the answer you are looking for... but it will work.

17. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

they arent broken, the timer was taken off :)

your right tho, what i am going to do is take my necro mage and put his skills on my crafter and go kill stuff.. its the only way.

18. You've got your own answer right there... use soul stones and it won't be so hard to do.

Is everything supposed to be easy for every character type? After all, my sampire has great fighting skills, but he can't imbue worth a lick. Maybe the Developers should consider a crafting bonus for fighters who have no crafting skill?