1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Renowned] worth it?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nh'bdy, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Nh'bdy

Nh'bdy Guest

I've killed four, three rat men and a poison ele. Have solo'd all of them with EVs/poison/fire field/WODing them at the end.

Bad loot. Anyone have any different intel?

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

its the standard mob loot for a hillariously high hp mob. i love them.

3. AGirl

AGirl Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I get nothing but crap from the renowned. Not even good gold. The spawn leading up to the renowned has the essence and other imbuing ingredients which is nice.

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They provide imbuing ingredients. Thats why they are there.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Not as far as I have seen. I haven't gotten anything off of them I wouldn't have gotten off of the regular mob of the same type.

6. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

They provide the same ingredients as the preceeding spawn. They don't even giver higher numbers of them, just one as always. That seems pretty worthless to me.

7. There's got to be some reason for them. Maybe they're like some of the other named creatures we've heard of and they drop some type of artifact particular to them.

8. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

has anyone checked your loyalty rating before and after killing a renowned? perhaps theres a big boost from them?

9. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I'm expecting them to provide much better loot soon, perhaps with the next publish or maybe even sooner if the developers are sneaking in incremental changes during the morning maintenance. Don't be surprised if some of them get a bit nastier too. A few of the ones I've encountered so far still seem a bit wimpy.

10. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

There is a big loyalty boost, I heard 500.

11. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

they are also a huge anti-script camping mechanism for those of you who demanded it...

12. Darhon

Darhon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Renowned have higher artifact chance?

13. That would be cool, but once you hit the top level the reason to fight them goes away. They really should have something useful that they drop.

14. Dain

Dain Guest

I am on a quiet server so the Abyss has been relatively empty, as such I have managed to solo every renown boss in the Abyss twice now. I am yet to receive a single imbuing ingredient or unique item of loot, was also hoping for a mysticism scroll from the bosses that used mysticism, especially considering one of rat bosses took me 35 minute to kill!