1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Repair Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by AxiamInc, Nov 11, 2010.

1. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Does it still hold true that if you repair items before they take more than 10% damage, that you can repair them without losing a durability point??

Thanks,

Ax

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't think so... I tried at least 100 times and I always lost 1 point :(

3. This from an old Five on Friday (which I miss):
    "I'm a Legendary Smith - why do I lose durability points so often when I try to repair things?"
    "Because there's a pretty high base chance to lose a point of durability" seems to be the simple answer. The formula is as follows:

Chance to lose Durability = ((40 + Max Durability) - Current Durability) - (repairSkill / 100) (where repair skill is Test Center-style, i.e. GM = 1000, not 100.0)

Example: Blacksmithing of 1100 (110.0), 50 current and max durability, yields a 29% chance that max durability will be reduced by 1. If an item has taken more than 71 points of damage, the chance for it to lose a point of durability reaches 100% even for a Legendary smith. So there's a definite choice to be made - do you repair early and often, and risk failure, or late and seldom, and guarantee it?

4. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the info.

I was hoping I could keep repairing my replicas about every, ohhh, 5 minutes to ensure that I didn't lose durability on them. I know they will still last quite a while without worrying about it, but I'm a bit of a penny pincher.

Thanks again,

Ax

5. Personally, any item that I have that can't use the POF's, I wait until the durability gets below 10 before repairing and just assume that you are going to lose a point of durability anyway. If you wait until it only has 1 or even zero durability, you have a very high chance of failing and losing another point.

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

That's what I usually do too, but just had a soul seeker go *poof*, maybe I won't wait so long next time