1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Replace the RNG for Boss Encounters

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Goodmann, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This would be for Boss encounters. The system is already in place with the blackthorn's dungeon/Doom Drops

Insert a NPC with a reward list. Keeps track of the # of Boss's you kill awarding you points and after so many kills/points you pick whatever reward you like. Every so often update the reward list
    Include all Boss Encounters
    Kill 10 Medusa get a Tier 1 option
    Kill 25 Medusa Tier 2 option
    Kill 50 Medusa Tier 3 option
    Kill 100 Medusa Tier 4 option
    Kill 500 Medusa Tier 5 option

I think it would breathe some fresh air into the encounters making them desirable instead of let's hope the RNG picks my number this time.

2. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i dont think even the RNG knows what the RNG is doing... random is the only factor in UO

3. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I just think the new frequency system where luck does add a role is much better than the RNG. I am sure some people agree with me.

startle likes this.
  4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am concerned this could be too much advantage to unattended macroer scripters versus players who actually do their hunting grinds attended, spending their time actually at the computer and not somewhere else ......

5. Tranquility

Tranquility Journeyman

A most excellent idea. This would give players a added incentive to start battling peerless again.

6. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Really? How many normal players have time to kill Medusa 500 times? So they have zero chance of getting a slither.