1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Report] An Audience with Queen Dawn (Friday 15th)

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Mapper, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Queen Dawn arrived from her curtained passage and thanked us for coming.

[​IMG]

She said she would like to hear our petitions in an orderly fashion, First up was a lady in the front row.

[​IMG]

Traveler stood up and came forward with the second question.

Next to step forward was a guard from Trinsic.

[​IMG]

The Duke of Trinsic stepped up with two questions.

[​IMG]

Another Trinsic guard came forward to Queen Dawn.

Noka from the front row stepped forward onto the steps to speak to the queen.

[​IMG]

Tane Darkbane stepped forward after Noka.

[​IMG]

Queen Dawn then brought the questions to a close and thanked us for coming. She said they will be another audience soon and then vanished behind the curtains.

2. Crest Lavender

Crest Lavender Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Haven't you missed out a refreshingly open and down to earth young man who also was granted a question to the queen here? ;)

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Sorry do you have their name? I'll check my log again. If you mean Frodo I left the question out as the report was already quite long and the Queen said he turned up at the wrong meeting.

4. El of LA

El of LA Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Good report Mapper! Your fast and efficient reports are always nice to see!

-- El

5. Crest Lavender

Stratics Veteran

Sure i ment Frodo ;)

It was very refreshing to see him entering without knowing what was going on and jumping on it - i saw a lot of people frowning upon him and his actions, but his behaviour made me smile - was far better 'game-like' fun than all this oh so correct chit chat. And for relevance it was much more interesting than discussing the queens dress :p

I just hope he didn't feel to uncomfortable with all the negative comments - would be sad to reduce a players fun in UO in that way!

And for the roleplaying aspect: I think thats the moments when RPing is really challenged and getting interesting - in my eyes.

Yay for people making things interesting and fun by pushing them around a bit - helps us not to get stuck in to much routine - yay for frodo, yay for the guy stealing the chair - and yay for you all that are still alive :)

Just remember not to take things in UO to serious - including this post :)

Its just my view :p

6. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Can someone post Frodo's question, and the answer, please?
    This talk of it has made me curious

Although I don't know what happened there (or I wouldn't be asking), I think the event was an RP-based event.
    If a role-player went to Luna, and did whatever RP they do amongst all the banksitters, I think they would get a comparable reaction, since the venue or setting isn't geared towards them. At the heart of it, is a *frown* at a non-RPer really any worse than a "LOL" at an RPer?
    Not to say I don't feel bad if a person is made to fel uncomfortable, but few exchanges are really only go one way.

7. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With regard to the petition for recognition of the Bloodguard. They have indeed served the realm well for many years now and I think Royal recognition in their title would be appropriate. Maybe the title 'Royal Bloodguard' or perhaps the 'Queens Own' would be suitable.

I know that these titles could be used by simply adding them but a Royal Proclamation on the castle walls authorising the use of the title would be there for all to see.

8. Crest Lavender

Stratics Veteran

Just to add the missing part of the Audience:

Frodo ran into the Throne room (mounted), probably taking part in the hide-and-seek game:

He then turned back and left.

After a few minutes he came back, dismounted in the back leaving
    his mount there and steping forward to join the crowd in front of
    the Queen.

He even adapted to the standards of the conversation, contentwise ;)

Due to some latecommers other than Frodo, the Queen states the purpose
    of her apearence again:

wich definately also encourages Frodo ;)

and after this small conversation with the Queen he takes his leave.

Attached Files:

9. Crest Lavender

Stratics Veteran

Did this ;)

Read the report and maybe reconsider comparing it with a RP going to WBB - oups - Luna Bank it is today ;)
    In my eyes there are faaar to many differences to do so - but i dont want to start an argument here at this point - wont be appropriate either since the reactions werent
    that bad i have to admit ;)

Just thought that this part was worth mentioning as well, thats why i posted here.

10. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

woot, I'm on there!

11. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

I'm sure those who collect items will fully understand that these EMs have far greater rules than previous EMs and such events don't happen as often.

I left his question out as the report was more an In Character report and I didn't think it fitted in, However thank you for posting it anyway and complimenting my report as well...

12. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

It was nice to include a bit of insanity...

13. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

:D Sure is, I'll have to remember that for the next report.

14. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The last think I wanted to do was to start an argument.
    I think we might have to agree to disagree on this point :)

Also, this thread will probably now make Frodo more uncomfortable than the event did.

15. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe poor Frodo needs to learn to recognize and respect (and not disturbing their events) the huge role playing community on europa.I am sure he managed to get on a lot of ignore lists this night.

16. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

People are, of course, free to do that if they wish - but I'd rather hope they didn't.

Since it was not explicitly a RP event, only 'implied' as such from the EM site, and he came there accidentally anyway, it would be rather severe to decide to ignore someone permanently for that. It's not as if he was rude, or offensive in any way.

Respect for the RP community is good. So is respect for other players and their styles. It doesn't just go one way......

17. Crest Lavender

Stratics Veteran

*Bows to Aurelius*

Couldn't have said it any better - thanks :)

18. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

I'd never ignore Frodo to be honest, I have to say seeing him play and talk to people it's like a car crash with multiple car's... It's wrong but sometimes you just have to watch...

Actually a better comparison would be.. Frodo is Jedward from X Factor.

19. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Frodo is wonderful; he's spontaneous and he has the most important things going for him, in game or rl - his heart is in the right place, and he's a kind and generous soul.

I'm not an rp player - it's the one aspect I've never been able to get into. If I happen to come across folks who do, I'll try to go along as much as I can. But, as Aurelius says, that goes both ways. More than a bit harsh to say that he should be ignored, it's downright unkind.

20. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

I do agree,

My comment's are from a personal perspective as I've only interacted with him a few times and seen him around while off hunting, from all that I found he is like Jedward to me. I had guessed that he's a nice chap at heart although in his own world :-D But aren't we all.

I have to point out though as devil's advocate that If you had been watching for more than a minute or two you'd have guessed it was an RP event (at the very least a semi in game one as many known RP guilds where in attendance). From there I would assume most people would know that dropping into shorthand or l33t and/or asking about loot drops is not the best idea...

But for anyone out there that's taken the action of adding him to their ignore lists I do personally implore you to take him off, You're missing out on a lot and you may be missing out on a real nice guy if you are ever in need of help.

21. Irvyn

Irvyn Guest

Thanks for the report Mapper, I'm glad you got the screenshots sorted out and working again :)

With regard to Frodo, I thought he did ok. As far as I'm concerned, these events are for everyone, RP-based or not, and therefore everyone can and should come and join in if they want to. No-one should object to that IMHO. (The only people I do object to are the ones who spam wildly or cast constant and pointless field spells. And even then I don't put them on ignore, they might grow up one day :) )

22. callum_fitzhugh

Definatley.

Also you do have to remember that some pvpers attach so many macros that the space bar is used for x spell and so that is the reason why some players seem to spam spells =)

23. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you put your spellbooks in a bag in your pack, you won't spam spells :)

24. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master

Oh, dear me, Scrumpy was there? I just hope he didn't insult the Queen ...