1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Report] Iljian Wins 2010 Quiz of the Year; Royal Spy Ranking System Announced

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Mapper, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The End of Year Quiz began on time from the Counsellor's Hall, The contestants gated to a spiralling cavern full of objects from previous events.

-----------------------------------------------​

With all the questions complete we were gated into the Star Room for the final results....

[​IMG]

1st - Iljian
    2nd - Egan (myself)
    3rd - Heimlich
    4th - Nimuaq
    5th - Hex
    6th - Mearn
    7th - Traveler
    8th - Sir Z

Well done to Iljian and all the other winners, With myself, Heimlich and Nimuaq with houses in Zento it seems that's where the knowledge lives. *Grin*

-----------------------------------------------​

After the award ceremony everyone received Mesanna's Cream Pie.

[​IMG]

The EMs also mentioned a Royal Spy Ranking System for 2011, More details will be released at a later date regarding how to take part.

2. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

For the part of the Royal Spy Ranking system as described by the EMs: It has been first said that the player written reports will be evaluated and players will be ranked according to these. Then its been said that this will include the events and how well players follow the events too. And finally, a sash is mentioned which will be awarded to those who are ranked high according to these standards.

First, the Ems said that the reports will be posted to Stratics forums. When it has been pointed out that most of the RP guild forums are in uoforums, they said they "cannot comment on uoforums". That forum, too, is an official fansite and has Ask the Devs section which is acknowledged by the Devs, so I can not find a reason why it can not be commented on. I read both of these forums and quite happy to see different player opinions on each of them. I'm sure there are more sites that Europa players follow too. Anyways,.. Aron suggested that rather than the limitation of a single (or multiple) forum on the net, the reports can be written in the game using books.

First of all, I hope they meant RP oriented reports from the Royal Guard members for Nathan, Fynn or Queen Dawn. In Stratics, we all follow well-written reports of Mapper (also SirZ, Odin, Aron..) here or the website Europa History. I dont know what can be achieved by having 10s of different reports of a single event. But if they meant reports like "Orcs are seen in Skara, we followed them to...", then it might add some real quality to the events.

Most devoted event followers lose event items to players who neither play on Europa nor have any slight interest on what the events are about. Awarding these players with a special sash would be a good gesture, but I also believe events should not be confused as competitons.

I hope these sashes and ranks are awarded to those who are known to all of us by their efforts and ideas that enrich the events. A good recent example is Fangra Bloodvein, who come up with the idea of giving Antonio false information to see if he leaks it to his superiors. I already mentioned the efforts of Mapper, Odin and SirZ, whether for reporting events or following the story lines. I just wanted to share my concerns. Thank you if you've read this far.

3. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Great report mapper, I unfortunatly had to leave half way through. Well done to the winner Iljain and all fellow competiors.

Nimuaq I agree with your points, I am glad that the point scores and eventual winner were all all fellow Europa players *tips hat*

4. SirZ

SirZ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Amazing report Mapper!

Here is my 31 screens from event.

5. AyaraBlue

AyaraBlue Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the detailed report Mapper. Unfortunately I missed this event, and I´m very happy to see what all the quiz questions were. :)

6. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nice report as always Mapper :)

7. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Thank you for a good comprehensive report. I was at the event but missed half of it due to current ISP problems. I lost con 5 times so was often lagging behind. Congrats to all winners and at least I was still ingame to get my cream pie.

8. Adol

Adol Certifiable

Regarding the reports, I was trying to tactfully point out that some people may be banned on, or have moral/personal reasons for not using a particular board. I don't expect the majority of players would, but to be fair, any gameplay mechanic needs to be fully operational within the game alone, and not also require participation outside of it. A red-leafed book report (so the author can't be changed) dropped at the EMs house should also be an acceptable way to take part...

9. THP

THP Stratics Legend

a spy ranking system will be great for the bums that dont work...[end]

unfortuante i started back to work sunday and missed the first event of 2011 so if ems keep picking prime time work hours like friday/sat/sunday evenings then i cant possibly enjoy this new bloody spy ranking.... shame

why not pic week days like tues wed thurs evenings so peeps can play and leave there weekends to the family???

10. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Because... More people work weekdays than weekends?

I dunno... I guess they could be picking event times just to keep you from attending...
    The more you complain about the EMs, the more tempting it must seem :D

11. Adol

Adol Certifiable

I suspect this is what they are intending to do; they've been setting up small events that we can discover for some time before the main one, like leaving boxes of code about for instance... only instead of having to reset the main one because naughty people *ahem ahem* break into it early, having it as official spying allows everyone to get involved over the week. Quite a clever response really.

They just need to allow it to be reported in game too :p

12. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

And you were saying?.......

Attached Files:

• cal.jpg
      cal.jpg
      File size:
      16.7 KB
      Views:
  13. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Events have always generally been Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

I also love the Spy idea, I post fiction from the site here and usually players go out, find clues, report back to the thread. So it already 'occurs', Just this time people will be gaining points for doing it. Love the idea.

And of course a post box ingame for those who don't like Stratics would be a reasonable idea also.