1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[REQUEST] Ballot Box Should Allow Multiple Choice

Discussion in 'Governors' Forum' started by Pandora_CoD, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Dear Devs,

Could you possibly consider and brainstorm a way to make the ballot box multiple choice and allow for up to 20 choices? It would still allow you to have yes or no votes, but also allow Governors to poll their citizens when choices need to be more than just yay or nay --- like asking citizens what city buffs best suit them for example or what they thought of a recent event?

Just a thought!

Thank you,

Dot_Warner and Riyana like this.
  2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

We'd have to make a new ballot box, the one that we use now is some pretty old code and trying to add to it would be more time consuming than making a new one.

Flutter and Pandora_CoD like this.
  3. Pcuvush

Pcuvush Visitor

In case you really reimplement the ballot box, please let the box stay until the one who placed it confirmed that he read the result. As it is right now I never know if someone voted after I checked the last time, possibly missing votes. Ballot boxes acepting votes should have a visual hint, compared to boxes that just wait to be discarded.

4. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Thank you so much Kyronix for answering me!!! Wow ... you guys do rock on that. :)

It would be nice to revisit that code a bit no? Do you guys think you will be able to do that?

Thanks again!

5. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

You're welcome :D

We've talked about having a more robust way to poll players. While I have no definitive timeline on if/when that might occur, redoing a player ballot box would fall into the scope of that task (the whole 2 bird things).

Flutter, Tanieran and Pandora_CoD like this.
  6. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Thanks!!!!! :)